Drove 99.5 miles and got 30.4 MPG.

2013Journey4CylAVP

Speed limits during this trip were 35, 40, 45, and 55 with about 15% of driving being stop & go traffic and no speeding. Decelerated without braking where possible and accelerated with cruise control where possible. For my trouble my new Journey four-cylinder rewarded me and the other three people in the SUV with 30.4MPG. Absolutely fantastic gas mileage. -Robert

• 4 weeks later...

30.4 mpg over only 99 miles means nothing. Heck, even my old 2000 T&C Ltd AWD showed 99 mpg coasting down a long hill......

When you have 99,000 miles and have "averaged" 30.4 mpg, then you have something. Not saying it can't be done, but fuel mileage is usually an "average" and 99 miles is not anywhere near enough to qualify. The 17.4 mpg my '06 Ram 1500 SLT w/Hemi has averaged means more since that is an average over the course of 169,000 miles. (I keep a fuel log and that is the average from miles traveled / gallons used - not the MPG display.)

Speed limits during this trip were 35, 40, 45, and 55 with about 15% of driving being stop & go traffic and no speeding. Decelerated without braking where possible and accelerated with cruise control where possible. For my trouble my new Journey four-cylinder rewarded me and the other three people in the SUV with 30.4MPG. Absolutely fantastic gas mileage. -Robert

I just went to the My Fuelly site and these are the numbers I have for my 2010 Dodge Journey R/T AWD. The best I ever got was:

25.3 mpg (US gal)

30.4 mpg (Imp.gal)

9.3 l/100 kms.

since I bought the car in August 2010 including all my warmups etc. my average mileage is:

14.8 mpg (US gal)

17.8 mpg (Imp.gal)

15.9 l/100 kms.

There seems to be several factors that either increase or decrease my mileage:

regular gas vs. premium gas - seem to get way better using premium

Time of year - fall or spring seem to be the best as temps are cooler but not real cold

Highway vs. City driving - given..... much better on the highway. City gas mileage seems to suck

Just my personal thoughts and facts.

Terry

I just went to the My Fuelly site and these are the numbers I have for my 2010 Dodge Journey R/T AWD. The best I ever got was:

25.3 mpg (US gal)

30.4 mpg (Imp.gal)

9.3 l/100 kms.

since I bought the car in August 2010 including all my warmups etc. my average mileage is:

14.8 mpg (US gal)

17.8 mpg (Imp.gal)

15.9 l/100 kms.

There seems to be several factors that either increase or decrease my mileage:

regular gas vs. premium gas - seem to get way better using premium

Time of year - fall or spring seem to be the best as temps are cooler but not real cold

Highway vs. City driving - given..... much better on the highway. City gas mileage seems to suck

Just my personal thoughts and facts.

Terry

I would also think the winter formula for gasoline has some affect on your mileage also.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigtsr" data-cid="25756" data-time="1358776565"><p>

I keep a fuel/maintenance log also and after my<br />

first full calendar year of driving the DJ JAN/01/12<br />

to DEC/31/12 with 95% city driving it has worked out<br />

to 20 mpg US or 24 mpg CAN.<br />

Total expense (gas/oil/etc) 16.1 cents/km.</p></blockquote>

Wow that was really impressive! Mine is like f*^kin 37cents per kilometer roughly! Rough estimation, i have a habit of filling my gas whenever the evic says "low gas" my full is $79 depending on gas prize but the lowest so far highest was $89. I filled 6 times so its $80x6=$480. My journey is 1387km rignt now and still having 90kms DTE acording to evic fuel economy! So it is having a total of 1477kms for that 6 fills. $480/1477=.37. Im fully not impressed..