Still very happy after 4 years

hmk123

We have had our 2009 Journey SE now for 4 years. Only option it has is the family package. It has 48k miles on it and we are still very happy with it. My wife drove it for the first 3.5 years but we got her a little Fiat 500 and I have been driving it now since the summer as my daily driver. It drives well and is comfortable. I use the Journey primarily around town for shopping trips and to drive to work each day (40 miles round trip). I am still amazed how much car we got for the money and I love how much room it offers. This is an easy, uncomplicated car. Nothing beeps at you or annoys you. It has also been very reliable. Yes, the brakes wore out a bit prematurely but Chrysler reimbursed us for that. So I cannot complain. No other issues other than an occasional odor out of the vent for a little while. Thought it might be a radiator leak but the pressure test was fine and the smell went away over time. So it might have been something environment related.

I have also been fine with its powertrain. I think the shifts are smooth and if you know how it delivers power it is all good. There is too much silly talk about avoiding the 4 cylinder. If you live in a flat area and drive this car around town and on freeways it is just fine. I appreciate it for what it is: a very comfortable, reliable, roomy, inexpensive vehicle.

Amen Brother. Glad you're happy and glad to see your post. I have been happy with my 2011. Bought it in June 2011 and just turned 21000 miles. It has been a great road trip vehicle. Its funny, happened to be on the internet and saw an article about cars to stay away from. The DJ made the list. Forbes, I think. All I can say is that I couldn't disagree with that sentiment more. I have really enjoyed my journey and EVERYONE who rides in my journey is very impressed. No matter what they happen to drive.

Peace.

I've had my 2009 for a year and have driven about 15000 Miles (23k Kms) and I'm very-very happy.. Everyone is impressed and can't believe is a Dodge. And the 3rd row is a killer feature!

Now If I could just buy the built in booster seats would be the absolute best, in fact when this one is gone I'll get another one!

• Official Dodge Support

We have had our 2009 Journey SE now for 4 years. Only option it has is the family package. It has 48k miles on it and we are still very happy with it. My wife drove it for the first 3.5 years but we got her a little Fiat 500 and I have been driving it now since the summer as my daily driver. It drives well and is comfortable. I use the Journey primarily around town for shopping trips and to drive to work each day (40 miles round trip). I am still amazed how much car we got for the money and I love how much room it offers. This is an easy, uncomplicated car. Nothing beeps at you or annoys you. It has also been very reliable. Yes, the brakes wore out a bit prematurely but Chrysler reimbursed us for that. So I cannot complain. No other issues other than an occasional odor out of the vent for a little while. Thought it might be a radiator leak but the pressure test was fine and the smell went away over time. So it might have been something environment related.

I have also been fine with its powertrain. I think the shifts are smooth and if you know how it delivers power it is all good. There is too much silly talk about avoiding the 4 cylinder. If you live in a flat area and drive this car around town and on freeways it is just fine. I appreciate it for what it is: a very comfortable, reliable, roomy, inexpensive vehicle.

HMK,

Glad to hear your still happy with your Journey. You too Red and Oracle.

Edited by DodgeCares

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought my first Chrysler product ever, a brand new 2013 journey SXT. Until now for the past 20 years I've driven either Mercedes or Toyota so for me (sorry people) it is a little step down and a risk but I wanted to give an American branded car a chance. My down payment was a trouble free 2002 Toyota Highlander with 110,000 miles which I bought new in November 2001. I hope I have a similar ownership experience with car so I can be posting a favorable rating after a few years of ownership. My wife will be the primary driver and she doesn't commute so I project that we will average between 5-6,000 miles a year.

• Official Dodge Support
I just bought my first Chrysler product ever, a brand new 2013 journey SXT. Until now for the past 20 years I've driven either Mercedes or Toyota so for me (sorry people) it is a little step down and a risk but I wanted to give an American branded car a chance. My down payment was a trouble free 2002 Toyota Highlander with 110,000 miles which I bought new in November 2001. I hope I have a similar ownership experience with car so I can be posting a favorable rating after a few years of ownership. My wife will be the primary driver and she doesn't commute so I project that we will average between 5-6,000 miles a year.

Welcome to the forum and the Dodge brand!!!

Until now for the past 20 years I've driven either Mercedes or Toyota so for me (sorry people) it is a little step down and a risk but I wanted to give an American branded car a chance.

That's got to be some sort of a site infraction making a post saying that a Dodge Journey is a step down! :D Welcome to the forum!!! :)

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Yeah, after I posted that I kind of regretted stating it that way, as some people may get a wrong impression of me or what I meant. What I meant was that my previous vehicles have been ones which were rated very high in terms of reliability and quality. However, one thing that impressed me about the 2013 Journey was an opinion I encountered in many reviews that - and this is in my words - if there were a prize for "most improved vehicle" the 2013 Journey should win. Time will tell but I look forward to a pleasant ownership experience.

Edited by MKinSoCal

I've had my 09 since July of 08. Has about 45,000 miles on it. Yes like everybody else, the brakes were an issue. The only other problem I had was a sunroof leak (fixed first trip) and the dash light dimmer went out last year ($100). Other then that no big issues! I'm very happy. Got the car for a steal (it's an R/T) and it has everything I wanted. Since I'm the original owner, I have the lifetime power-train warranty (also purchased a lifetime everything warranty) so this is a keeper!