Attention Moderators - Need "How To" Area

Rubberdude88

Attention to The Dodge Journey Forum Moderators...

Could we please get a "How To" section for The Dodge Journey Forum? I think that this would be a valuable tool to this forum. Maybe a couple of the most requested "How To's" could be stickied such as an Engiine Oil Change for example.

Being a past and current member of many other automotive forums, they all have a "How To" section. Here on The Dodge Journey Forum, videos, pictures and written details could walk anyone through a specific "how to" for their Dodge Journey.

I know that there are currenlty how to's scattered all over this forum but to get them all in one place would be a huge benefit. For example, I just completed a DIY oil change and learned a lot as it was my first DIY change on our Journey. I would be willing to contribute to this new section as I am sure many other members would be whether it is a simple oil change or how to build an intake system or how to change the rear wiper or how to change a fog light bulb. The list of "How To's" goes on and on and on.

Thank you and I hope that you will take this request into consideration and if fellow members feel it would be an asset to the forum - speak up and reply to this thread with your support.

Cheers,

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Attention to The Dodge Journey Forum Moderators...

Could we please get a "How To" section for The Dodge Journey Forum? I think that this would be a valuable tool to this forum. Maybe a couple of the most requested "How To's" could be stickied such as an Engiine Oil Change for example.

Being a past and current member of many other automotive forums, they all have a "How To" section. Here on The Dodge Journey Forum, videos, pictures and written details could walk anyone through a specific "how to" for their Dodge Journey.

I know that there are currenlty how to's scattered all over this forum but to get them all in one place would be a huge benefit. For example, I just completed a DIY oil change and learned a lot as it was my first DIY change on our Journey. I would be willing to contribute to this new section as I am sure many other members would be whether it is a simple oil change or how to build an intake system or how to change the rear wiper or how to change a fog light bulb. The list of "How To's" goes on and on and on.

Thank you and I hope that you will take this request into consideration and if fellow members feel it would be an asset to the forum - speak up and reply to this thread with your support.

Cheers,

Rob

Wow,

Rob asked for this in November and we're still waiting. It would be nice to know if the moderators have been at least considering this. Let's keep this thread alive so we can make this a reality!

This is an administrator request. Not a moderator request. All moderators can do is edit/delete posts, and possibly approve memberships. I do believe it's a necessary part of a forum to have a How-To section though. I've been a part of www.300mclub.org for years now, and we have a section there called the "KnowledgeBase". Which is our "How-To" section. It is available to paying members only. Which is, I believe, how it should be. As there has to be some sort of incentive for actually being a paying member of a forum, rather than just joining.

I am going to play devil's advocate here for just a moment how would that save us money? Am I missing something?

Terry

My other car and forum I visit had a how to on timing belt and water pump replacement with detailed step by step instructions and pics. The info was so good that I did it myself and saved about $800.00 from the dealership doing the work. ;)