okay lets see who will admit to it

2late4u

other than my self who has went to their journey to go some where and try to open the door only to find out you left the keys in the house, LOL i have got so use to not haveing to have the keys in your hand to start it that i dont pay any attention to where they are.or you set them down in the car and then try to lock it only to have the car beep at you to let you know you have left your keys inside. oh well thats progress i guess

I'm waiting for the opposite to happen. I'm getting used to putting the keys in a different pocket than normal so I figure one day I'll leave them in there and wash them. I think there is a different thread about this happening, where some people were wondering how you could wash your keys but if you get used to not having to take them out then I can easily see leaving them in the house or in your pants. I guess women might have the advantage here since most have purses and usually have there keys in there. I've managed to wash my wallet a couple of times but I don't think my wife has ever accidently washed her purse.

A friend of mine told me a story -- one time he and his wife went out to lunch. After they were done eating, he dropped her off at home and went back out to run errands. He stopped at the first place, shut off the car, got out and went to lock it and realized that the key fob was in his wife's purse. He had to call her to come with the other car and bring the keys.

This is why I'm glad mine has the tip-start rather than a push button. :-)

A friend of mine told me a story -- one time he and his wife went out to lunch. After they were done eating, he dropped her off at home and went back out to run errands. He stopped at the first place, shut off the car, got out and went to lock it and realized that the key fob was in his wife's purse. He had to call her to come with the other car and bring the keys.

This is why I'm glad mine has the tip-start rather than a push button. :-)

Interesting. My 2011 gets very upset about the key fob leaving the vehicle. It is not shy about telling you either. . . Don't think driving without the fob could happen without the driver's knowledge in a Journey.

Peace.

Interesting. My 2011 gets very upset about the key fob leaving the vehicle. It is not shy about telling you either. . . Don't think driving without the fob could happen without the driver's knowledge in a Journey.

Peace.

yea my wife gets upset with me when we are on a trip and stop for gas and i leave the car running (since its like 100 degrees) and get out to pump the gas and the bells keep going off, found out leave the door open a litttle and it doesnt chime.. happy wife and happy me

Peace.

He drives a Honda Accord, so I'm sure it's set up differently. Still, I like knowing right where my keys are. I have a hard enough time remembering where I left them as it is. :-)

my co-worker has a 2011 dodge journey sxt, and I have a 2012 sxt aswell.. the same colour.. I walked up to his car tried to open the door, no luck.. pulled the handle atleast 2 times. started cursing and swearing.. then he came out and thought I was trying to get into his car....

Edited by D-BesT

• 1 month later...

yea my wife gets upset with me when we are on a trip and stop for gas and i leave the car running (since its like 100 degrees) and get out to pump the gas and the bells keep going off, found out leave the door open a litttle and it doesnt chime.. happy wife and happy me

LOL I thought I was the only one! But I just open the door, throw the keys on the seat, and close the door.

Also, it is possible to drive without the FOB in the car and NOT have the chime go off. If she forgot her purse in the car while getting out and reached through the window to get it the car wouldn't realize the FOB is no longer there until the door is opened.

BTW, has anyone besides me been able to lock their FOB in the car?

Oh, it is possible but one has to be determined. On the third attempt to lock the fob in the car using the door buttons the DJ will comply and lock them in. You can also physically push the locks on the door down one by one and the doors will lock with the fob inside. I have to lock my fob in the DJ when I go surfing alone. I had a regular key made that i can take into the water. I haven't found a way to not engage the alarm. I have to put the fob in the door so I can grab it quickly after I open the door.

Peace.

When ever I need to step out of the car with the key in the ignition or on the console, I open my window. Enough where I can put my arm in it.

I once locked my oldest don in the car, with the engine running.

Long story short:

In my 08 GC, I sat my then 3yr old son in his car seat (no seatbelt yet) turned on the car, stepped out to clear the snow off the windshield, and hit the door lock pin.

I was able to talk him to hit one of the window switches. I was about to smash one of the windows. I almost panicked.

I learned my lesson.

• 1 month later...

other than my self who has went to their journey to go some where and try to open the door only to find out you left the keys in the house, LOL i have got so use to not haveing to have the keys in your hand to start it that i dont pay any attention to where they are.or you set them down in the car and then try to lock it only to have the car beep at you to let you know you have left your keys inside. oh well thats progress i guess

Guilty :)