Sightings

redtomatoman

On vacation in NY. Not seeing too many Journeys. I like mine so much that I am surprised. Many beemers, Lexi & MB's. Is the Journey just not as good or are folks just keeping up with the Jonses? In my mind, those who spend 50+K to get less than I did in my R/T are just silly. My Journey kicks ass and I'd put it up against any of those three mentioned above any day; interior, exterior styling, performance, and gas mileage. I refuse to pay 30K for an airplane or any other logo.

Peace.

I have been told and believe by my daily sightings of DJs that on a per capita basis more are sold here in Canada than anywhere else.

I certainly believe that, the Dodge Journey is very popular up here. In fact I believe Dodge states in their commercials, "It is the best selling car of it's kind in Canada" Whether that is true or not, there certainly is a lot of them up here.

Terry

Redtomatoman

Its to bad that its selling poorly down in the US. I agree with you, the Journey kicks ass. Its sad that people are so set on snob appeal, but I dont; think BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus are its main competitors. Below is a link comparing SUV sales for June in the same category as the Journey ( for both the US and Canada). I can't understand why the Ford Escape and Chev Equinox sell so well. When looking for my new vehicle, before I made my final decision to stick with Dodge, I looked at both of these vehicles as well as the Kia, Hyundai and Subaru. The Journey just ticked off all right boxes in things I wanted in a SUV, the others (with the exception of the Subaru Outback), didn't even come close to doing that.

Windancer

In the Canadian sales section, you will see that the Escape outsells the Journey. But since the Escape is only a 5 seater, Chyrsler is correct in its statement that the Dodge Journey is the best selling 7 passanger SUV in its class.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/search/label/Small%20SUV%20Sales?max-results=5

Bigstr

I think another resason we so many Journey here in Canada, not only has to do with sales on a per capita basis, but on how the population is distrubted in Canada compared to the US. I believe if my memory serves me correct, more then 90% of the populaton of Canada lives within 320km/200 miles of the border which forms a narrow band compared to the geographical distrbution of the population in the US.

I really thought I'd have seen more. I have been happy with my DJ so far. I often forget that many on this forum are in Canada. Many Americans seem to be driven by status. So many of us live WAY beyond our means. Sometimes I wonder if my experience with my DJ is better than the average DJ owner; especially since mine is not a daily driver. People seem to really like my DJ when they ride in it, but that does not seem to translate to what people here choose to buy. Many of my friends seem to have a knee jerk reaction and all buy the same vehicle without even thinking or comparing. My neighbor buys his cars from Costco without a test drive or anything. I think DJ sales in the USA are good, but just not first on every American's mind. Anyway. . . I have been happy with mine (less a few quirks).

Peace.

Many of my friends seem to have a knee jerk reaction and all buy the same vehicle without even thinking or comparing. My neighbor buys his cars from Costco without a test drive or anything.

I think what you have said is very valid. Most times brand loyalty gets in the way of careful decision making and lets face it, if they don't try a Journey, they don't really know how good it is. I have to admit, I like Dodge products, but I always compare other vehicles before making a final decision.

For me it was four things that swayed me to stick with Dodge and go with the Journey.

1. The Penastar engine. Lots of power when needed

2. The comfortable seats (I was able to get an extended test drive on one, and usually after 45 minutes of continous driving my right knee starts to ache, in the Journey that was not the case)

3. Very classy looking interior.(others looked like they were out of a space ship with so many buttons and switches)

4. Value for my money (its a well priced vehicle with a lot of features and the options are reasonably priced compared to the compitetion).