plasti dip !!

silentdan

What a joke...here in Canada they sell this stuff for $30.00 a can???

While in the US its like$6.00.What a rip off and I really wanted to use this stuff on my Journey's 2010 dash.

Oh well so much for that.

Have you tried Princess Auto or The Parts Source?

Never tried the stuff, but have heard it works well, how were you thinking of using it?

Terry

I was just gonna spray the schrome part of my center console where the ac wents are.I just hate the way it looks and I rather have it all black to match the rest of the dash.

Have you tried Princess Auto or The Parts Source?

No I actually have not but i will try and hope they carry this stuff.I am just not willing to shell out $30 for something that costs elsewhere 6-7 dollars the most.

If I ever manage to do this i will update this thread with pictures .

Edited by silentdan

That looks nice. I may have to do this tomorrow with mine.

Thanks bro!It is really easy to do and took like maybe 30 minutes cause you have to wait 10-15 min in between coats of spray.

I used like 5 coats of spray just to be sure it is thick enough.

BIG improvement! I never cared for the ribbed silver paint - makes it look cheap. I switched my bezel out for one from an R/T in order to get away from it. This would have been a much cheaper option!

I agree and I always disliked the silver part either and went ahead against my wife's wishes and sprayed the damn thing.

Edited by silentdan

I found plasti-dil at Home Hardware for about $15, I as well live in Canada. Of course its too late now but that looks good

I managed to pick up a few cans at Industrial Plastics and paints.That was the only place they had this stuff around here and it was $20.00 a can.

I think i will pick up some clear coat plasti dip and find a use for it somewhere.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

maybe they are on the site server... check his profile page.

Nope, nothing there. I've decided I'm gonna plasti dip my center stack, but I can't find any information on removing the bezel. Also, I can't figure out how to remove the door to the top compartment either...I think I'll start a new thread since I've done my due diligence searching the forum.

Nope, nothing there. I've decided I'm gonna plasti dip my center stack, but I can't find any information on removing the bezel. Also, I can't figure out how to remove the door to the top compartment either...I think I'll start a new thread since I've done my due diligence searching the forum.

won't need to remove it if you don't want... the dip will peel off of the areas you don't want it.