Water in rear passenger door

nneilan

So when it rains or I wash my wife's Journey we get water in the rear passenger door. :angry: Pretty sure it's the seal on the window which sucks. :blink: Has anyone else had this issue?

I am not the most mechanically inclined person, so I haven't tried taking the door apart but have a feeling if I don't want the "stealership" taking care of it I'm gonna have to man up. Maybe someone on this forum can shine some light on my issue. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nneilan

all doors have holes in the bottom somewhere to let water drain out . look to see if they are closed off or plug up. also look at the rubber seal at the window sill where water might be coming in. good luck p.s. you could always drill some small holes on the bottom if you cant find out how to drain it.

that tape is suppose to be there but it is also is to let water out it always leaves part of the hole uncovered but it can be removed without problems. always thought it was a joke anyway... i used to work on the assy. line in st. louis building the minn-vans before i retired and then it was shut down and now all the vans are built in canada.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi guys!

Im a new owner of a Fiat Freemont (Dodge Journey in Europe), and have the same problem. When im open the right rear door, a few dl water flow out from inside the door.

The drain hole works good.

But is it normal the water get inside the door?

I cant find normal rubber sealant near the window, just a brush to get out the dirt or something.

Another problem the plastic/rubber coverage in the bottom of the front screen. It's a little bit wavy. It's not seal .

Is this a sealant, or just a coverage?

Thanks