Install front light cluster from euro Journey/Freemon

Hi all. This is my first real post here. I put an order in for a new black R/T (Canadian) this past week-end. Eagerly waiting for "8-10" weeks to pass until anticipated delivery. I'm a fan of european lighting systems. The regulations in Europe require a lighting pattern that I prefer (and they're legal in Canada). So, I was wondering if anyone knew where to source headlight assemblies from euro spec Journeys/Freemonts. Thanks, Mitch

The EU regulations require separate DRL (i.e. no piggybacking on another lamp) but only for vehicles type approved after February 2011.

Since the Journey (now Freemont) was type approved well before that date it has no DRLs, not even as an option (at least according to the online configurator), so I don't think they're really different.

As for the differance in lighting patterns ...I don't know............But as for your question on the differance between DRL from Euro and Canadian for that matter...................In Canada it is the Law .....They must come on when the tranny is in Drive................As for the Euro and U.S makes/ models ........Some may need to be active at the dealer......While others can be turned on and off inside .....Drivers choice...............You may see some headlight switches inside that show a OFF position .......But in Canada it will not be used.........Ex my 2005 Avalanche had a headlight "OFF" position .........But DRL were always on while in Drive............Caper...............

Do you know which bulbs are used on the Freemont? The Journey uses HB3/HB4.

According to the user manual H1 for the low beam and HB3/9005 for the high beam.

Edit: BTW, if the light pattern is really different, then it should be because of different optics, not because of different bulbs.

Edited by Lebowski

• 1 month later...