New Grill Emblem (with red stripes)

Did u get this installed? How easy was it? I am interested in doing it to.

I got it installed this morning. It was actually pretty easy.

The emblem has two plastic posts and one clip on the back of it. It's held onto the grill with two little metal pieces that slide onto the posts and are held in place with friction (plus the clip). The problem is that you can't really get your hands on the back of the existing emblem without making a little more room. Luckily, it's easy to get enough room by unattaching the top of the cowl that's on top of the grill (the silver grill is actually clipped to the cowl). There are 5 plastic pop rivents that hold the cowl in place. These rivets are easy to get to and very easy to pop up and remove with a flat head screwdriver. Once the rivets are out, you can pull the top of the cowl/grill away from the car enough to get your hands behind the grill and reach the back of the existing emblem. Unclip the plastic clip on the end of the emblem first. Then push slowly but firmly on each of the plastic posts with a screwdriver handle (or anything else you've got handy) and you'll see the emblem start to move forward. Make sure you put the other hand right under the posts so that you'll catch the little metal friction pieces once they clear the posts. I accidentally dropped the first one, and it wasn't easy to retrieve.

Once you've got the old one off, just put the new one in place. The clip on the end will automatically clip to the grill. Reach behind the grill again and slide the two metal friction pieces onto the posts. I slid them onto the posts as much as I could with my fingers and then used pliers to push them on a little more. Wiggle the emblem when you're done to make sure it's secure. Put the pop rivets back in place at the top of the cowl.

That's it! I really like the little splash of color it adds to the grill.

• 1 month later...

I got it installed this morning. It was actually pretty easy.

The emblem has two plastic posts and one clip on the back of it. It's held onto the grill with two little metal pieces that slide onto the posts and are held in place with friction (plus the clip). The problem is that you can't really get your hands on the back of the existing emblem without making a little more room. Luckily, it's easy to get enough room by unattaching the top of the cowl that's on top of the grill (the silver grill is actually clipped to the cowl). There are 5 plastic pop rivents that hold the cowl in place. These rivets are easy to get to and very easy to pop up and remove with a flat head screwdriver. Once the rivets are out, you can pull the top of the cowl/grill away from the car enough to get your hands behind the grill and reach the back of the existing emblem. Unclip the plastic clip on the end of the emblem first. Then push slowly but firmly on each of the plastic posts with a screwdriver handle (or anything else you've got handy) and you'll see the emblem start to move forward. Make sure you put the other hand right under the posts so that you'll catch the little metal friction pieces once they clear the posts. I accidentally dropped the first one, and it wasn't easy to retrieve.

Once you've got the old one off, just put the new one in place. The clip on the end will automatically clip to the grill. Reach behind the grill again and slide the two metal friction pieces onto the posts. I slid them onto the posts as much as I could with my fingers and then used pliers to push them on a little more. Wiggle the emblem when you're done to make sure it's secure. Put the pop rivets back in place at the top of the cowl.

That's it! I really like the little splash of color it adds to the grill.

Very well explained and it worked like a dream in minutes. I highly recommend Generaltso method for complete satisfaction.

• 2 months later...

When did the new badges get released? We got a '12 late may, it didn't come with the red stripe badge, but on the uConnect, the logo has the stripes.

I believe they started showing up on dealer lots around February, but it depends when your car was built. It's an easy modification if you'd prefer the red stripes.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...