K&N Air Filter

No you do not have to perform any upgrades to the injectors or intake. All new vehicles are equipped with a mass air flow sensor which will automatically adjust your fuel ratio for the amount of air passing through\by it. You would only have to perform modifications to this system if you were going to bolt on major performance upgrades like a super charger.

Actually you don't need to change MAF numbers when you supercharge, as long as you keep the same throttle body

this may be helpful if anyone ever decides to make a supercharger fit on a journey lol

• 3 weeks later...

I installed one and started using synthetic oil and on a trip that I got home from today, I was getting close to 28.5 mpg @ 70 mph (V6). Before the oil and K & N filter, I topped out at about 26. The K & N filter allows more air to enter the engine. In thery, more air +more HP and MPG. I have been using K & N since I had my 2000 Durango. Always seen a slight improvement in MPG. but thats just me. If nothing else, you'll never buy another air filter! The "recharge kit" from K & N (cleaner and oil for the filter) was fairly cheap (under 20$) and has lasted me YEARS!

Thanks. I think I might go buy one soon. I'm kind of depressed though. I see a lot of you getting what I consider great gas mileage out of your Journeys. Me, I get 15.5-16-5mpg in town and about 23 max at 65-70mph highway. And I drive very conservatively...I try my absolute best to maximize my mileage. I just don't get it. Oh well, sorry about the rant.

I installed one and started using synthetic oil and on a trip that I got home from today, I was getting close to 28.5 mpg @ 70 mph (V6). Before the oil and K & N filter, I topped out at about 26. The K & N filter allows more air to enter the engine. In thery, more air +more HP and MPG. I have been using K & N since I had my 2000 Durango. Always seen a slight improvement in MPG. but thats just me. If nothing else, you'll never buy another air filter! The "recharge kit" from K & N (cleaner and oil for the filter) was fairly cheap (under 20$) and has lasted me YEARS!

Does anyone have a picture of it installed? Were did you buy it? Did you need anything extra to install it?

Thanks.

Thanks. I think I might go buy one soon. I'm kind of depressed though. I see a lot of you getting what I consider great gas mileage out of your Journeys. Me, I get 15.5-16-5mpg in town and about 23 max at 65-70mph highway. And I drive very conservatively...I try my absolute best to maximize my mileage. I just don't get it. Oh well, sorry about the rant.

How many miles do you have and what kind of oil are you using? Before I got near 12,000 mile and I switched to synthetic 10/30 (I have a V6) I got very close numbers to you. Don't get depressed! Alot of factors effect MPG, including weather, terrian, etc. Each engine is a little different. Some loosen up more quickly then others!

Does anyone have a picture of it installed? Were did you buy it? Did you need anything extra to install it?

Thanks.

No picture to take really. Open the air cleaner cover, throw out the old one, put in the K & N (comes pre-oiled from the factory) close the cover. Apply the K & N decal to the cover, you're done!

:burnout:

How many miles do you have and what kind of oil are you using? Before I got near 12,000 mile and I switched to synthetic 10/30 (I have a V6) I got very close numbers to you. Don't get depressed! Alot of factors effect MPG, including weather, terrian, etc. Each engine is a little different. Some loosen up more quickly then others!
I have right at 5,000 miles on mine. I've gotten those numbers since day one...hasn't gotten any better yet. I would venture a guess that its not synthetic oil...it's whatever the dealer uses. We get free oil changes for a while. I'm starting to be able to deal with the "bad" gas mileage -- I came from a Honda Civic that got 25mpg in town on a bad day. Ha ha!

I am in the same boat as you are. Mine has almost 9k miles. But I drive with a heavy foot sometimes :happy feet:

that is about what I get with the V6. At 70mph at least.

• 3 weeks later...

so i just got rid of my rtawd 08 3.5 avenger and i had a cai on it . so knowing i was going to buy 2010 rtawd 3.5 ho jurney i'm going to see if it fits ,every thing seems to be the same and i'll post pics!unless some one has already tryed this please let me know!.in my avenger i could feel the diferents .the thing i'm finding about this jurney is that it lacks power! i mean i don't expect a hot rod but ibought my car brand new and boy was that tranny tight (meanning quick shifts),this jurney is slow shiffting and even in manual its slow .i hope it just becouse its brand new! <_<