Remote Not Rolling Down Windows

I purchased my 2011 Journey Mainstreet about a week ago. The Owner's Manual says you can unlock the vehicle, and then roll the windows down by pressing the unlock button on the key fob a second time. I have done this, and I can't get it to work.

I have researched this and cannot find an answer. I lock the car with the remote, and then press unlock once to unlock the the doors, and again (press and hold) to roll down the windows. It doesn't work. Every time I try pressing the key fob again, it tries to unlock the doors again. Any suggestions? I would really like to have this feature on my vehicle!

Also, I have the same problem with the DDL (daytime driving lights) on my car that many people seem to have. The UConnect says they are on, but regardless of what gear you are in, there are no lights. Going to try taking it to the dealership and see what they say. If you have any suggestions regarding this, let me know those as well!

Thanks for you help!

Also, I have the same problem with the DDL (daytime driving lights) on my car that many people seem to have.

As drb mentioned the Daytime Running Lights are mandatory in Canada, I believe they are disabled in the States. You would have to check with your dealer regarding enabling them.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 1 month later...
Also, I have the same problem with the DDL (daytime driving lights) on my car that many people seem to have. The UConnect says they are on,

it's possible that since they are not mandatory in the U.S , the equipment/devices/modules required to make it work is simply not there to save cost production ... this can explain why UConnect says they are on and nothing light up.

it's possible that since they are not mandatory in the U.S , the equipment/devices/modules required to make it work is simply not there to save cost production ... this can explain why UConnect says they are on and nothing light up.

I am surprised that a moderator would hit a post that is more than 2 months old.

For the record, there is no hardware required for any of these features - it is all software.

• 2 months later...

Wow, not working on an RT? Do both of your front windows have auto up and down via the power window switches? I have that and the key fob window roll down works by pressing the unlock button twice in a row and holding on the second press. After about 3 seconds or so, the front windows start to roll down.

Yeah no one asked me!

What maybe an engineer in Auburn had a bad window experience.

There is a knack to using them when you want to inch them down/up

but I am sure past brake and software issues should take

first consideration.

They turned this off in the 12s because people complained about it

Do you know if it can be turned on again? I don't mind a feature disabled by default, but like the option to turn it back on if I like.

Either way it isn't a big deal, but would like to be able to try the feature to see if I like it or not.

Do you know if it can be turned on again? I don't mind a feature disabled by default, but like the option to turn it back on if I like.

Either way it isn't a big deal, but would like to be able to try the feature to see if I like it or not.

Nope cant be, wish I could