Fuel Filter

larryl

Found out today @ Advance Auto that the fuel filter is a "non serviceable" item so I guess that means its in the tank with the pump

Why would they do something that insane especially with the garbage fuel that is used today

I can see a major expense when the filter clogs and starves the pump etc etc

Unless they are wrong @ Advance & there is a filter

• 1 month later...

I was just looking at my parts catalog, and I noticed the fuel filter is actually located on or next to the fuel filler tube. Mopar gives me a number of 68039537aa. Oddly enough, it is already on national back order. Shows a list of 88.70. Good luck!

I was just looking at my parts catalog, and I noticed the fuel filter is actually located on or next to the fuel filler tube. Mopar gives me a number of 68039537aa. Oddly enough, it is already on national back order. Shows a list of 88.70. Good luck!

88.70? I suppose after you add labour that those extended plans covering oil changes etc., might be worth it after all

The Stewie

• 8 years later...
33 minutes ago, Journeyphenia said:

My fuel gauge is inaccurate sometimes in that it doesn't go to full and shows empty when it has 4 - 5 gallons. Dodge has replaced the fuel filter as the solution. Does anyone know how and if the fuel filter affects the fuel gauge accuracy?

The fuel filter has nothing to do with the accuracy of the gauge.  The sending unit is what reports the volume of gas in the tank. If your gauge is fixed, they replaced the sending unit which probably has a new fuel filter built into it.

5 hours ago, Steven Harshbarger said:

The fuel filter has nothing to do with the accuracy of the gauge.  The sending unit is what reports the volume of gas in the tank. If your gauge is fixed, they replaced the sending unit which probably has a new fuel filter built into it.

i agree with steven as the diagram on that part is not connected to the filler tube only to a small tube along side it probally is for the evap system to catch fumes. your main filter is attached to your fuel pump and level unit in your tank