One Hundred Thousand Kilometers

BUGS

2009 SXT with 3.5 l 6 cyl. 2 WD, trailer tow equipped

consumed 12,110.252 litres of fuel (mostly regular with 3 high test fill ups as a treat)

just replaced brakes for the second time (first at 30,000, 2nd at 90,000) quite a difference with quality on the replacement rotors and pads (using ceramic with lifetime warranty now)

14 oil changes

transmission flushed at 90,000 (preventative due to trailer towing)

replaced Khumo tires at 40,000 kms wear

use winter tires on steel rims from Nov to April

best mileage was 9.06 l/100km (31.10 mpg ) Canadian

worst mileage was 29.317 l/100 km (9.61 mpg) (towing trailer 250 kms into a head wind during hurricane) - was much fun I say :rolleyes:

lifetime consumption averaged 12.11 l/100kms ( 23.27 mpg) Canadian

only issue other than brakes - steering rack changed at 15,000 kms due to worn tie rod ends

excellent vehicle thus far - and still looks new !! ( I washed one time though)

Edited by BUGS

• 1 month later...

I just traded my 2009 Journey SXT with 103,000 kms. for a 2012 SXT Crew. My 2009 SXT was the best vehicle I ever owned. No major problems and a joy to drive. I think I was lucky after reading about some of the problems some others have had to deal with. My new Journey is white and was not my color of choice. The dealer had one on the lot and gave me a good deal.

Edited by jaymista

• 2 weeks later...

I'm winning it seems..

My DJ has 143,000KMS and based on the service records just the recalls were done + blown steering hose.

Twice the brakes were replaced. I just replaced the rear brake pads with ceramic, lets see how they last.. my initial impression is that they create a lot less dust than the old ones..

I just got the tranny + Rear Diff + Power Transfer Unit (Front Diff) + Coolant fluids replaced.

Everything seems to be in working order.. I was quoted for the timing belt a $2k job :(

I'm loving my DJ!!

• 2 months later...

I'm winning it seems..

My DJ has 143,000KMS and based on the service records just the recalls were done + blown steering hose.

Twice the brakes were replaced. I just replaced the rear brake pads with ceramic, lets see how they last.. my initial impression is that they create a lot less dust than the old ones..

I just got the tranny + Rear Diff + Power Transfer Unit (Front Diff) + Coolant fluids replaced.

Everything seems to be in working order.. I was quoted for the timing belt a $2k job :(

I'm loving my DJ!!

I was quoted $900 thats for belt,water pump,tensioner and seals supposed to be done before 170000klms

Both quotes seem high for a timing belt replacement on an engine that is still in running order.

On all my vehicles I've never paid over $500 tax incl. for a belt change, and that includes the imports.

Are you getting the quotes from the dealer or independent mechanic? I always find independents have better prices and service than dealers.

I have a 3.5 V6 equipped Chrysler LH - That ought to be pretty much the same engine that the 09's and 10's have.

I paid about $400 to a private mechanic to do the timing belt, the water pump, all the serpentine belts and the tensioner - all Gates branded product except, of course for the water pump was a Bosch. That included a new thermostat, necessary gaskets and replacement coolant.

How much harder can the Journey be? Sounds like 5-10 times the labour, from the quote.