hood and hatchback

2late4u

thought i had read somewhere that the hood on the journeys were made out of aluminum. so i checked out my 2011 mainstreet with a magnet and yes both the hood and the hatchback must be made out of alumiun. i knew the hood was made of real thin metal as washing it you dont want to push hard on it or while leaning over washing the bottom of the car dont lean on it as you can feel it flex real easy. hope the new metal holds the paint on, and we dont have no problems with them.

thought i had read somewhere that the hood on the journeys were made out of aluminum. so i checked out my 2011 mainstreet with a magnet and yes both the hood and the hatchback must be made out of alumiun. i knew the hood was made of real thin metal as washing it you dont want to push hard on it or while leaning over washing the bottom of the car dont lean on it as you can feel it flex real easy. hope the new metal holds the paint on, and we dont have no problems with them.

I have a 2009 R/T. It is my understanding that the 2009's had an alumium hood and a composite rear hatch.

• 3 years later...