So yesterday my sound in my 2011 Journey RT stopped working. I read the posts here and tried the unplugging the app (didn't work) and will try the fuse today. I called a Dodge dealer and the service writer told me there are no open recalls on my vehicle. So if this issue has been going on with the Alpine amps how is there no recall? Another large corporation way of gouging the working people to satisfy their greed for money. Thanks Dodge

Not sure what the app is. Disconnect the neg terminal on the battery for 30 minutes to reset everything. See if that works. It could be that any recalls did not apply to your specific DJ. Not sure.

There are people on this forum that are quite helpful. Give more info. Has the dealer given a diagnosis? What other symptoms are you having? Does any sound work?

Peace.

So yesterday my sound in my 2011 Journey RT stopped working. I read the posts here and tried the unplugging the app (didn't work) and will try the fuse today. I called a Dodge dealer and the service writer told me there are no open recalls on my vehicle. So if this issue has been going on with the Alpine amps how is there no recall? Another large corporation way of gouging the working people to satisfy their greed for money. Thanks Dodge

Recalls are generally reserved for safety related issues and for pervasive problems; this issue is neither. And your problem might be unrelated to it in any case.

And it is for this reason I bought the 7/115 extended warranty for my vehicle.

Please let us know what it turns out to have been and how much (if anything) it costs to repair.

Edited by bramfrank

Not sure what the app is. Disconnect the neg terminal on the battery for 30 minutes to reset everything. See if that works. It could be that any recalls did not apply to your specific DJ. Not sure.

There are people on this forum that are quite helpful. Give more info. Has the dealer given a diagnosis? What other symptoms are you having? Does any sound work?

Peace.

Probably meant to say amp.

• 2 months later...

The same thing happened to me last week. No sound coming out. I could switch between AM, FM and Sirius, but no sound. In addition, the equalizer UI was frozen. Couldn't change anything. Tried pulling the fuse or disconnecting the power cable, didn't work.

Brought the Journey to my dealer this past Monday and they did a firmware upgrade on the amp. The warranty covered the cost. It's been great ever since, but it's only been two days.

Edited by Marc Paulin