hood latch

Bradley

In the two weeks that I have driven the Journey, one thing that has occured three times is that the hood latch is pulled by my shoe when I release the emergency brake. That the hood opens on the road is not a major concern. Does anybody else have this problem.

In the two weeks that I have driven the Journey, one thing that has occured three times is that the hood latch is pulled by my shoe when I release the emergency brake. That the hood opens on the road is not a major concern. Does anybody else have this problem.

Since you know what is the cause i suggest to be more careful with your shoe :). It's the Murphy's law : no matter how carefully the engineers are designing things, there will be always someone who will do the unthinkable.

• 4 years later...

For the love of all that is internally combusted - JUST SAY NO to electronic PARKING brakes!

When all else fails, a cable-driven brake that runs actual service brakes (even if they are only the rear brakes) is infinitely more useful than a secondary parking brake (see: drum type brakes inside a disk brake rotor like the old 4th gen Grand Caravan). And I wouldn't trust an electrically driven parking brake to function when I need brakes 3 seconds ago.

your park brake is in the foot well? Mine is just a hand operated jobby on the side of the centre console (like 99% of the other cars on the road).

And the hood release is on the other side of the vehicle for me, so I'd have to contort and stretch my leg to get anywhere near it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...