Nav or no Nav??

Ok, here is my dilema... I have a loaded SXT ordered and will not see it until sometime in July, there is a similar SXT on a local lot without the Entertainment Group 2, but everything else I want (DVD, MyGig etc) Plus a sunroof (which I dont have on my order) Its about a grand cheaper to boot, though I'm not sure if the safe and sound/mygig comes with the premium sound system, when configured on dodge.ca it shows checked with that option package but yet I dont see it in the vehical info for the actual car on the lot. I dont wanna go without the subwoofer and infinity speakers as I like my tunes!!

I have a Garmin GPS and I love it, works like a charm.... the integrated GPS would be nice but how does it compare to a Garmin? Anyone have any opinions? The other reason I wanted NAV was to have the LCD up high on the dash because I think it makes for easier use while driving, heads up more then heads down.

So any first hand experience with the navigation, (ie points of interest, ease of use, voice command) Is it worth holding out for?? And can the Premium speakers/sub exist without Entertainment group #2.

Thanks all

Ok, here is my dilema... I have a loaded SXT ordered and will not see it until sometime in July, there is a similar SXT on a local lot without the Entertainment Group 2, but everything else I want (DVD, MyGig etc) Plus a sunroof (which I dont have on my order) Its about a grand cheaper to boot, though I'm not sure if the safe and sound/mygig comes with the premium sound system, when configured on dodge.ca it shows checked with that option package but yet I dont see it in the vehical info for the actual car on the lot. I dont wanna go without the subwoofer and infinity speakers as I like my tunes!!

I have a Garmin GPS and I love it, works like a charm.... the integrated GPS would be nice but how does it compare to a Garmin? Anyone have any opinions? The other reason I wanted NAV was to have the LCD up high on the dash because I think it makes for easier use while driving, heads up more then heads down.

So any first hand experience with the navigation, (ie points of interest, ease of use, voice command) Is it worth holding out for?? And can the Premium speakers/sub exist without Entertainment group #2.

Thanks all

Are located in Canada...if so where. The SXT you are describing is almost exaclty what I am looking for minus the sunroof...I ordered one last week but the dealer says it won't be here before August...which is when I want it.

Are located in Canada...if so where. The SXT you are describing is almost exaclty what I am looking for minus the sunroof...I ordered one last week but the dealer says it won't be here before August...which is when I want it.

Yes Im in Canada, Windsor Ontario. I ordered mine April 17th, looking at almost 3 months wait if I stick with my order, my Caliber lease is due June 7th and the wife does not trust our 98 intrepid (rock solid car) with 220000km's for any distance travelling we plan to do the third week of June. If I stick with the order I found out I can extend my lease for a month on the Caliber. I really want the damn Journey though!! Reason my questions about is the Nav features really worth it....

Yes Im in Canada, Windsor Ontario. I ordered mine April 17th, looking at almost 3 months wait if I stick with my order, my Caliber lease is due June 7th and the wife does not trust our 98 intrepid (rock solid car) with 220000km's for any distance travelling we plan to do the third week of June. If I stick with the order I found out I can extend my lease for a month on the Caliber. I really want the damn Journey though!! Reason my questions about is the Nav features really worth it....

How much are they asking for the SXT you mentioned...if you don't mind telling me.

How much are they asking for the SXT you mentioned...if you don't mind telling me.

The one I have on order is stickered at 32800, I get the employee discount (29100 my price) 436 taxes included lease with nothing down. The one I see on the lot right now is 31440 (add sunroof, minus navigation)

If I decide to cancel my order I wonder if you could assume the order (it would be ready first week of July) Its Inferno Red, every option but trailer tow, childseat, smokers group.

I've got the nav system. Told my salesperson that I wasn't going to buy one without it and she had to go 500 miles out to locate one. They had one on the lot with everything I wanted minus the nav system but I thought the placement of the system was asinine. If you are trying use GPS, the last thing you want to do is take your eyes off the road and look DOWN to read the maps. I held out for the nav system and I have NO REGRETS. In addition, I've got the roof mounted DVD system, and I can watch movies on the NAV screen without having to look down at the floor.

Keep in mind though, you give up the touchscreen if you get the Nav system.

Xphyle

If you have a portable nav system already, the only disadvantage is that the front DVD display will be in front of the shifter, and as mentioned it would be a touch screen.

If you get the Nav option, the display gets moved up to the top of the console where the storage compartment is.

With the safe and sound group the back up camera will display on the screen as well.

Rick.

Well we decided... the wife loves the sunroof and we have a garmin, so for about the same price its an acceptable tradeoff (same price because every other feature is on this one, just no NAV) Actually MSRP works out to be 400 more.

The great thing... I had it last night and took it home for a nice test drive and still have her this morning, I'll do up the paperwork this afternoon but I'll likely have it for keeps sometime first thing next week all shined up!

I dont care for the position of the radio but realize it does work well because my hand naturally sits on the shifter for support so it makes for comfortable access though being low you do need to take your eyes off the road more, I imagine once you get used to the layout of the buttons etc you will not need to look down as often.

Love the ride after my first 60 clicks, the Caliber was a perfect fit for me 2 1/2 years ago with 2 small kids, now with one shooting up like a bad weed the Journey again fills my need perfectly pushing back my 'minivan' years even more;)

Well we decided... the wife loves the sunroof and we have a garmin, so for about the same price its an acceptable tradeoff (same price because every other feature is on this one, just no NAV) Actually MSRP works out to be 400 more.

The great thing... I had it last night and took it home for a nice test drive and still have her this morning, I'll do up the paperwork this afternoon but I'll likely have it for keeps sometime first thing next week all shined up!

I dont care for the position of the radio but realize it does work well because my hand naturally sits on the shifter for support so it makes for comfortable access though being low you do need to take your eyes off the road more, I imagine once you get used to the layout of the buttons etc you will not need to look down as often.

Love the ride after my first 60 clicks, the Caliber was a perfect fit for me 2 1/2 years ago with 2 small kids, now with one shooting up like a bad weed the Journey again fills my need perfectly pushing back my 'minivan' years even more;)

Did you end up cancelling the order for the one that you said will be here in July?

Did you end up cancelling the order for the one that you said will be here in July?

I asked my sales guy about that and he just said they will let the order go through and put it on their lot, no big deal for them.

The dealership it will be going to is Countryside in Essex (Ontario)

I asked my sales guy about that and he just said they will let the order go through and put it on their lot, no big deal for them.

The dealership it will be going to is Countryside in Essex (Ontario)

It's too bad it wasn't closer to where I am because I would probably be interested in the vehicle...and I was looking at a 2 year lease as welll...but it's about an 8 hour drive from where I am.

Did you confirm whether you were getting the upgraded speakers w/Subwoofer? According to what I can find, the upgraded sound is available 3 different ways (at least in the US):

As a standalone option at US$495

As part of the Rear Seat Video Group at US$1195

As part of Entertainment Group II at US$2495

Note also that if you get the Entertainment Group II, the price of the Rear Seat Video Group goes down to US$825, so you're not paying twice for the upgraded speakers.

As for NAV system, I decided it wasn't worth it. My next GPS unit is going to be a DASH. http://www.dash.net/ ...and no, I have no affiliation with DASH, I just think it's the most functional car accessory to come out in a long time!

We decided the cost of the nav wasn't worth it for us......I do like the touch screen radio and agfter a couple weeks, the need to look down is really minimal. Overall I really do like the touch screen radio and would rather have the handheld GPS. You will love the sunroof, we had one on our 1999 Intrepid and my wife doesn't want to be without it now. This is one of the personal choices, I stopped back at the dealer yesterday to pick up our title work and they had a heavily loaded green SXT/AWD with nav in the showroom. Looking it compared to my version without nav, convinced me again that I made the right choice.

I think you made the right choice, Scotstep. After a week or 2, you don't have to look down as much. Also, the steering wheel mounted controls make it easier as well. I like the little cubby bin that I would have had to give up for the navigation. We've got a handheld, so there was no need. I just wanted the MyGig.

Did you confirm whether you were getting the upgraded speakers w/Subwoofer? According to what I can find, the upgraded sound is available 3 different ways (at least in the US):

As a standalone option at US$495

As part of the Rear Seat Video Group at US$1195

As part of Entertainment Group II at US$2495

Note also that if you get the Entertainment Group II, the price of the Rear Seat Video Group goes down to US$825, so you're not paying twice for the upgraded speakers.

As for NAV system, I decided it wasn't worth it. My next GPS unit is going to be a DASH. http://www.dash.net/ ...and no, I have no affiliation with DASH, I just think it's the most functional car accessory to come out in a long time!

Yes your right on that, I was relieved to see when I looked inside to see the Infinity speaker badge on the A post pillar! I was cruising last night with the tunes turned up and the sound system is great for a factory setup. I'll have to check out DASH, though for now my Nuvi 350 is working great.

I think you made the right choice, Scotstep. After a week or 2, you don't have to look down as much. Also, the steering wheel mounted controls make it easier as well. I like the little cubby bin that I would have had to give up for the navigation. We've got a handheld, so there was no need. I just wanted the MyGig.

I'm happy, I know a the old knob and joystick method would be ackward controlling the mygigs features as well but understand why it was necessary, if your as tall as me and sit back as far as I do in the car its a long reach to the top center stack area.

Does anyone know if there is a tire pressure monitor? I scrolled through the info display on the left side instrument cluster but it only toggles through 3 or 4 things, none of which shows tire pressure, maybe this was only on the RT?

I'm happy, I know a the old knob and joystick method would be ackward controlling the mygigs features as well but understand why it was necessary, if your as tall as me and sit back as far as I do in the car its a long reach to the top center stack area.

Does anyone know if there is a tire pressure monitor? I scrolled through the info display on the left side instrument cluster but it only toggles through 3 or 4 things, none of which shows tire pressure, maybe this was only on the RT?

In the US, it's a Gov't mandate that all 2009 and later cars be equipped with tire pressure monitors

The actual numbers readout for PSI on the tires is only on the R/T with the EVIC.

The SXT we get idiot lights if the tires get low.

The actual numbers readout for PSI on the tires is only on the R/T with the EVIC.

Gotchya... yeah my sales guy confirmed that yesterday.

Well I pulled the trigger and went with the SXT with the sunroof, pick it up next Saturday. I guess since I already made a lease payment for my Caliber this month I would have to get clearance from Chrysler Financial to make another lease payment on the same month, so instead of that hassle I was ok with picking it up a week from now, it will be a long week though lol. I think I got a great deal, the sunroof actually added about 400 to the price and I got that waived along with the admin fees and also told them I wanted to two front windows tinted.

MSRP 32800 (including freight)

Employee 29800 - (additional 450 taken off)

Monthly Lease - 437 taxes included with nothing down - 24000 a year kms

I have and R/T with the EVIC and I still only have the idiot light! I have no idea what options get you an actual pressure display as I assumed I would have it.

I have and R/T with the EVIC and I still only have the idiot light! I have no idea what options get you an actual pressure display as I assumed I would have it.

According to the Dodge web site, http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/journey/interior/technology/ (click Driver Information Center), EVIC is part of the Convenience Group II available on the R/T.

You're saying you have Convenience Group II, and still no pressure display? I wonder if they didn't actually implement that feature? Does anyone have the tire pressure display?

According to the Dodge web site, http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/journey/interior/technology/ (click Driver Information Center), EVIC is part of the Convenience Group II available on the R/T.

You're saying you have Convenience Group II, and still no pressure display? I wonder if they didn't actually implement that feature? Does anyone have the tire pressure display?

Yes, that is correct. I have a AWD R/T with Convenience Group II, and no pressure display. I thought that maybe it only worked if the pressure was low so I let the air out of one of my tires. The idiot light came on but no pressure display.

Gotchya... yeah my sales guy confirmed that yesterday.

Well I pulled the trigger and went with the SXT with the sunroof, pick it up next Saturday. I guess since I already made a lease payment for my Caliber this month I would have to get clearance from Chrysler Financial to make another lease payment on the same month, so instead of that hassle I was ok with picking it up a week from now, it will be a long week though lol. I think I got a great deal, the sunroof actually added about 400 to the price and I got that waived along with the admin fees and also told them I wanted to two front windows tinted.

MSRP 32800 (including freight)

Employee 29800 - (additional 450 taken off)

Monthly Lease - 437 taxes included with nothing down - 24000 a year kms

How long is your lease term?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem, I want MyGig and have a Garmin so I don't need NAV but I don't like the radio location on the non-Nav options. It is too low. Should I get over that and just get the non-NAV version of MyGig? Does the radio station Song info display if you get the EVIC? Is EVIC an option for SXT? If it displays it for the driver I think I could live with the low positioned radio.

Chris