Persistently blowing power steering hose

RodOracheski

58 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

Hydraulic pump will have a relief valve built in. Prevents blowing hoses when steering is held at extreme end position on right or left. Makes me wonder if it’s working.

And that is why I said that I would suspect the P/S Pump first. I was in a hurry to further explain in my posting. 

Thanks for clarifying about the relief valve.

On 2/23/2023 at 9:20 PM, John/Horace said:

Hydraulic pump will have a relief valve built in. Prevents blowing hoses when steering is held at extreme end position on right or left. Makes me wonder if it’s working.

Yes, I was wondering about this relief valve. I have a friend with exactly the same journey as I, but much less mileage. His car does the same ugly noise when reaches the end of steering, só I wasn't worrying about the relief valve. Another thing I found last week: front left tire with a giant deformation, I removed the wheel and it can't even roll straight. Maybe is a combo of extreme temperature and this tyre, causing the ps fluid to overheat and build pressure (vapor ?). Anyway, bought new tyres. Let's wait ....