Overhead Console Lights

smken

I just picked up a previously owned 2010 Journey. It has Reading lights on the overhead console between the visors. The driver and passenger lights work fine, but between them there appears to be another light or sensor of some sort. It does not light up, so I am wondering what it is. Anyone know what I am talking about?

It's actually the temperature sensor for the automatic climate control

Ahh... Thank you! I love the Journey. Actually, it is my wife's ride, I drive a Saturn Vue. She is realy impressed... I will post a message about our initial impressions in the appropriate place.

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually the temperature sensor for the automatic climate control

Are you sure it isn't the rear view auto dimmer? When the little green light is on the rear view mirror, it means auto dim is on. You canpress the small button to the right to leave it off. (Until you restart the car)

Are you sure it isn't the rear view auto dimmer? When the little green light is on the rear view mirror, it means auto dim is on. You canpress the small button to the right to leave it off. (Until you restart the car)

It is the temperature sensor for the Automatic Cimate Control

Terry

Edited by Windancer

And the correct answer comes from Deckster. It is the sensor for the auto climate control. Check closely, you should be able to adjust temp separately for passenger and driver. The rear view sensor is beside the green light on the mirror.

I also have the auto climate controls and i still have no idea where the sensor for the second and third row seats is located ..

Pretty funny : i can set 3 different temperature if i want :)

• 11 months later...

Probably access to screws holding the controls up.

No, they are not removable and are probably not access panels.

The part of the overhead console I am referring to is divided into three approx. 3" x 3" square sections. The sunroof control is in the middle square. The squares to the right and left of the middle square don't have anything in them, and are the "dummy squares" I was referring to. There just seems to be a lot of unused real estate in that overhead section.

• 5 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support

My husband and I recently bought a used 2009 Journey that we really like. However, two nights ago, the rear driver's side reading light was clicked on. It will NOT click off? Can you give me any tips on how to fix it?

Mom,

I agree with Red. Did you get it to turn off using the dimmer?