tboneforyou

Bumper Coming Off

Anybody else front bumper loose or is there

a gap? Mine is pulling away like its gonna come

off and the wind doesn't seem to be helping :(

Sounds like someone might have tapped your front bumper at sometime. I think it's time

to make a really close inspection of the paint and see if that is what has happened. Seen it too many

times where someone else misjudges their turn and smacks bumper to bumper. Could be some of

the plastic "POP" rivets have busted or pulled out. These can be replaced pretty easy. I found the rivet gun

and the rivets at NAPA Auto. Had this happen to my JEEP Grand Cherokee. Cost me about $35 to do it

and that was with buying the rivet gun. Dealership wanted $250 to refasten the bumper cover.

I have a 2015 crossroad and there is an issue with the front bumper. Dodge had 3 of these obscure parts in stock because, as they said, they break all the time, its' a known issue. If your bumper is drooping like mine was, you will see a gap developing where the bumper ties into the body panel. There is no fix, you will need to retro fit it on your own as I had too. I removed the grill and added 4 metal shims to the steel frame, which the front bumper rests onto. After taking off the grill, put your hand inside and between the bumper and the steel frame and you will feel the play that exists and will come up with your own solution. Now the bumper is solid, doesn't sift up and down. Good luck.

Worst design in any chrysler vehicle i experienced in terms of bumper fascias.

5 hours ago, dgncsk said:

Worst design in any chrysler vehicle i experienced in terms of bumper fascias.

Never had a problem with either of ours. What specifically are you basing this claim on?

in terms of heat resistance parameter of the resin they used. This is my 7th chrysler manufactured vehicle. i have never seen sagged or enlarged corners of bumper fascias. There are no accident or anything. They are still selling Freemonts here and i saw same problem on newer cars in parking lots. Especially front bumpers. Problem is, when it softens under sun, assembly points under headlights cant hold it on its place, again rear corners goes out approx 5 mm. i fixed this by making new brackets by bending aluminum stripes and fixing them to body by using rivets.