Bumper Coming Off

tboneforyou

Sounds like someone might have tapped your front bumper at sometime. I think it's time

to make a really close inspection of the paint and see if that is what has happened. Seen it too many

times where someone else misjudges their turn and smacks bumper to bumper. Could be some of

the plastic "POP" rivets have busted or pulled out. These can be replaced pretty easy. I found the rivet gun

and the rivets at NAPA Auto. Had this happen to my JEEP Grand Cherokee. Cost me about $35 to do it

and that was with buying the rivet gun. Dealership wanted $250 to refasten the bumper cover.

• 6 years later...

I have a 2015 crossroad and there is an issue with the front bumper. Dodge had 3 of these obscure parts in stock because, as they said, they break all the time, its' a known issue. If your bumper is drooping like mine was, you will see a gap developing where the bumper ties into the body panel. There is no fix, you will need to retro fit it on your own as I had too. I removed the grill and added 4 metal shims to the steel frame, which the front bumper rests onto. After taking off the grill, put your hand inside and between the bumper and the steel frame and you will feel the play that exists and will come up with your own solution. Now the bumper is solid, doesn't sift up and down. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

in terms of heat resistance parameter of the resin they used. This is my 7th chrysler manufactured vehicle. i have never seen sagged or enlarged corners of bumper fascias. There are no accident or anything. They are still selling Freemonts here and i saw same problem on newer cars in parking lots. Especially front bumpers. Problem is, when it softens under sun, assembly points under headlights cant hold it on its place, again rear corners goes out approx 5 mm. i fixed this by making new brackets by bending aluminum stripes and fixing them to body by using rivets. 

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Ta2warrior said:

Mine has the same problem. Fixed twice at the dealership. If I want it fixed sturdier, I'll have to come up with my own solution. 

lets see a picture of the problem have heard a few complain of it but havent seen a pic yet, dodge did have a problem yrs ago with the rear quarter panel wher it would sick out a little but my 2011 did that but they fixed it and no more problems, no problem with my 2014 crossroad with the front bumper

6 hours ago, 2late4u said:

lets see a picture of the problem have heard a few complain of it but havent seen a pic yet, dodge did have a problem yrs ago with the rear quarter panel wher it would sick out a little but my 2011 did that but they fixed it and no more problems, no problem with my 2014 crossroad with the front bumper

If it happens again, or I have reason to pull the cap off, I'll take pics of the inadequate way the support system sits, and post them.