Oil Separator

ERL

Hello all. I am new to the forum. My question is: while changing my rockers on the 2014 Pentastar V6 I bumped the Exhaust cam (right bank) and chipped a piece off the Oil Separator part # 05184144AC. Is this piece removable from the cam? Or should I not worry about replacing it? Thanks!

IMG_20230304_182827.jpg

IMG_20230304_182907.jpg

I guess I should have asked if it is removable from the cam.  It seems it should. It will probably just continue breaking off. I just don't want to have to replace the cam if the new one doesn't slide on. 

There isn't any Oil Separators in stock here in Texas.  John, can I reuse this one with a chip on it?  Not even sure what the part does?  Keeps oil away from the PCV Valve????

I haven’t had one of those in my hand before;  work on cars as a hobby quite a bit, retired millwright.

Looks like cast metal item, so fragile. I worry there are other cracks you can’t see. Awkward to get at later if it fails. 
Will probably come off in several pieces by hand fairly easily. Preheat with hair dryer if tight to install new one.

Works together with your egr valve  I think to keep oil inside engine. Probably mesh inside which could  get plugged over time.

Online sites for Mopar are decent and you guys have much cheaper shipping than we have up North. Unless money super tight, I would change it.  If over 100k miles consider changing egr as well; they start leaking around that milage, I just changed mine for that reason.

https://www.megacitymopar.com/cart.aspx

I went ahead and just put the cam back in with the chipped oil separator. Time will tell, I guess.  

On a different note: the 6 spark plug tube seals on top of the valve covers and the 2 Cam Position sensor seals wasn't as hard to replace as some have stated.  I just found the correct size socket that fit the seal and knocked them out and in with that.  Actually it was a pretty simple job.  Here are the sockets I used.  

IMG_20230306_143631.jpg