2013 SXT Power Inverter

The head unit in my 2013 Journey SXT was beginning to fail, so rather than shell out a lot of money on one of the few used OEM units I have seen available, I got an Android unit, and while it as a whole has been a great upgrade to the OEM unit, I have not found a way to turn on my power inverter.

Do any of you know a way to turn on the power inverter, and keep it turned on without using the OEM head unit?  If not - if I were to temporarily hook up my OEM head unit, and get it working long enough to turn on the power inverter, and then disconnect it, would the inverter stay on by default at that point?

If I have to essentially lose the inverter by default, I'll just have to deal with it - having a solid Android unit that does everything else fine is a big enough plus for me to do so, but it would definitely be a huge plus to have access to that power plug.  Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Edited by Maplicito

It’s not a big inverter, 125 watts rings a bell, try looking it up. . Easy enough to add an inline fuse and shut off switch to the rear panel where it’s mounted. Cig lighter there is probably switched source. Could disable it and use same source,  make sure to use fuses, probably a 10 amp max.

10 hours ago, John/Horace said:

It’s not a big inverter, 125 watts rings a bell, try looking it up. . Easy enough to add an inline fuse and shut off switch to the rear panel where it’s mounted. Cig lighter there is probably switched source. Could disable it and use same source,  make sure to use fuses, probably a 10 amp max.

7 hours ago, tsteves5 said:

Both great ideas guys.  I WOULD like to have the original equipment working if I could - it's probably an OCD thing on my part.  Any idea where the actual switch to the rear panel is?  I could definitely do the inline fuse thing if I could get to where the switch would be.  Otherwise, a stand alone inverter is an option, but once again, I would love to have the original plug working if it's reasonably possible.  Thanks for the responses.

After doing a little reading, I realized some of the Dodge Journeys have a "hard" switch - mine had the 8.4 screen, so it only had the "soft" switch.  So, that leaves me unsure of where to go to try and bypass the switch.  If there is a schematic or video somewhere I could watch, that would help a lot.