Backup camera upside down or black

I have a 2019 journey and for the past few months when I go into reverse my backup camera will either be upside down, black or work as it should. I took it to the dealer and they said they needed to replace the radio, which they did but I am still having the issue. Anyone have this issue and figure it out?

mine (2014)would sometimes show up upside down but then would revert to normal view and then started not working and then restart working again it i did that for about 6-7 months before it finally went out for good, i took it in as i had an extended warranty with a 100 ded they said it was the actually camera lens in the lift gate,,,, i wonder if it was just a loose wire or connection, who knows good luck on finding out what the problem is,,,just wondering did they cover the cost

of replacing the radio?

On 7/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, Mskowronek said:

I have a 2019 journey and for the past few months when I go into reverse my backup camera will either be upside down, black or work as it should. I took it to the dealer and they said they needed to replace the radio, which they did but I am still having the issue. Anyone have this issue and figure it out?

So what did the dealer say when they did what they said was needed to fix the problem and it didn't?

• Official Dodge Support
On 7/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, Mskowronek said:

Sorry to hear this is happening after the radio replacement. Feel welcome to PM us more details and we'd be happy to provide further assistance. 

Steph

Dodge Cares

• 4 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support
On 12/13/2022 at 8:59 AM, Stephanie said:

Im having similar issue on my 2018 dodge journey crossroad. My camera is rotated 180 degrees. I dont want to take it to the dealer since they charge an arm and a leg. Any suggestions on what i should do?

Hi Stephanie,

If you decide to work with your servicing dealership and would like additional support, our team is available via private message to discuss your concerns. 

Steph

Dodge Cares 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/29/2022 at 5:19 AM, Ceroberts26 said:

I have a 2019 journey and I started to have this issue as well. I reported it to the recall people because I saw the journeys through 2018 are on recall for this issue. 

I have a 2018 Journey (just bought it three months ago)...and the camera worked fine, until a few days ago.

Mine either works fine...flickers almost black...then shows a 'No Camera' icon on the mirror...and it's intermittent.

I'll have to look into the recall and see if mine qualifies.