Chugging when giving it throttle

grimmrob

Hi I'm new to the forum but I have a 2010 dodge journey sxt 3.5 motor and the problem I am having is when I get up to speed about 40 to 65 my journey chugs like it is loosing gas I jave replaced throttle body battery alternator coils and plugs o2 sensors cleaned all battery terminals and every other ones and it still chugs hook it up to a scanner and nothing seems to come up besides fuel rich but thays caused by the o2 sensors that were just replaced someone help me please cause I'm aboit to throw in the towel

Throwing parts at it getting expensive and not working. Write down what has been done and bring to a recommended tec with your list.

I bought a used Jeep that had rich condition and O2 sensors changed more than once. Signal from upstream sensor was not getting to ECM computer. Two feet of wire harness replaced. ECM had 60 pins and one of them wasn't getting a 1 volt signal. No melted wires or obvious signs of problem. Some issues can be tricky to nail down .

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2021 at 1:31 PM, John/Horace said:

Throwing parts at it getting expensive and not working. Write down what has been done and bring to a recommended tec with your list.

I bought a used Jeep that had rich condition and O2 sensors changed more than once. Signal from upstream sensor was not getting to ECM computer. Two feet of wire harness replaced. ECM had 60 pins and one of them wasn't getting a 1 volt signal. No melted wires or obvious signs of problem. Some issues can be tricky to nail down .

I would have the catalidic converter checked for blockage.

• 3 weeks later...