new ram pickup

2late4u

actually not me getting a new pick up but my son in, he law bought a 2021 ram 2500 Tradesman automatic 4 wheel drive with the turbo diesel, it  listed 58 k but my employee price for him was 48 k and they gave him 42 k for his 2 yr old Chevy pick up that he bought new for 43 k, so sounds like he got a great deal, the only thing is DAM trucks and cars are getting so expensive it is hard to see how people are paying for them,,, LOL the most expensive vehicle  i have ever bought was 22 k

Very nice truck he bought. Diesel is the best for serious towing. I’ve never owned a new pickup. My brother and I drive ram 1500 gas trucks. The independent suspension gives a real nice ride. Good value compared to other full size trucks. If you have a second vehicle you can keep the miles down for gas use. One truck has the 3.6 Journey engine mounted in line. You can work on it so easily its nuts, water pump is a 25 minute job verses 2 hr-ish for Journey.  That engine with an 8 speed tranny is a very efficient set up for a pickup. But not the power like the diesel.

In some cases they are work vehicles as well,  a tool needed to do your job. Used trucks hold there value more for this reason I think. Even the crappiest old truck can still be used on a farm or Bush lot to do stuff. And are cheaper than an  ATV or quad.

Some people that bought suv ‘s have now moved over to pick ups because of the better resale which affects leases and loans so much.  Fuel economy and comfort close enough to most suv as well.

So the why is....supply and demand and market economics ; unfortunately.  Carbon taxes to the rescue, soon?.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, volkner10 said:

Interesting choice for a new pickup. What are his plans with the truck? 

he doesn't hail or tow for work, just back and forth to his hunting camp and hauling his off road vec, he is a big hunter as well