Suspension

Good afternoon,

so my journey has been clunking in the front (told them I believed it was from the right but at this time it was very loud and unable to tell completely).  I have taken it in and first they replaced they sway bar (nothing changed), second they replaced my shocks and struts (got a little better), now they replaced my control arms and bushings (it’s a lot better) but it is still clunking when going over patched up pot holes on the right side.  I can’t keep affording to replace everything.  What else could it be? I don’t want the mechanic shops to take advantage of this issue. 

Front end?  For all that(and for age probably needed them all), But the Ball Joint mounts into the steering knuckle pointing ball stud down(opposite of most other vehicles) and are tricky to diagnose for wear. Not stated by you, so I'll suggest they be checked (and properly).

7 minutes ago, Mamabear36 said:

It is in the front.  If they replaced the control arm would they have seen the ball joints to know if they are bad? I should ask them to check the lower ball joints? 

They should have but you don't say who the "they" were that did the work. to have checked the ball joints properly(it's not just a visual check). And because of the way they are mounted are a bit more of a difficulty level to replace. I'd go back to the "they" people and ASK if they did properly check them for a start to finish getting rid of the clunking.

surely to god if they were replacing the control arms they would have replaced the ball joints at that time, you might need to find a different mech sounds like they are doing the shotgun approach...also be aware that almost all journeys at one time or another make a noise going over a speed bump at slow speed or when turning and going over a bump or pothole ...How long have you owned this journey

I’ve had it for 10 years and it’s not a normal sound.  It is loud enough to hear over the radio.  I take it to the dealership because I have a lifetime warranty.  So certain things are covered  by the warranty.  Like the sway bar was under the warranty, ball joints, tie rods.  But some things are not covered.  

since you were vague on info ,that was the reason for my answer, i also have the max warranty so yes i know how it works, sorry if you thought i was being a know it all was just trying to help. the dealership should find your problem for you, SO did they replace the ball joints?

Edited by 2late4u

Could they have changed the struts to an aftermarket one or a lower end mopar model? I had replaced my front strut assemblies to Moog suspensions and I have found that the struts have now become quote noisy. I've learned to live with it given the difference in costs vs the Mopar ones. As long as music is on, it's not that bad. 

The sound may also be located somewhere else, but may seem like it's coming from the front end. 

Human soul- yes the dealership said my car is older now that they had to get aftermarket struts.  The only thing is is a louder clunk on the right side.  But I noticed the newer struts are louder.  
deejizzle that’s a new thing I’ve heard of.  I Will ask the dealership to check that.  Thank you ?