Oil Change Reminder = CEL?

JeremyJ

My oil change reminder has been on for a couple of weeks now, and I haven't had the time to change it yet. It's on my list of to-dos. This morning, my Check Engine Light came on, but no new messages in the message center. I'm wondering of they're related. Will the check engine light come on if you ignore the oil change warning for too long, or do I have other problems? The car runs great and I can't find anything wrong with it. It still has plenty of oil in it. Oil pressure looks great.  

2018 V6 with 39K on it. 

I doubt it, just reset your message ( oil reset message) its in the manual on how to do it and see if the cel goes off but i dont think they are related to each other, if the cel light is on have some one check it with their scan tool, most auto store use to do that before the covid

I have a bluetooth reader that connects to an app on my phone. I checked the code and it was for a "(very small) evap leak," which I think can be fixed with a new gas cap. Kind of frustrating it came up at all on such a new vehicle. I double-checked my cap and cleared the code. We'll see if it comes back or not. I'm not too worried about it for now. 

I came up with a warning once to check my gas cap, ( it actually said to check the gas cap) i just took it off and then re tightened it never another problem with it, seems like i read to rub a bit of Vaseline on the seal on the cap sometimes help.might just want to check the vacuum lines in the eng compartment as well for a tight fit at the ends