I changed my dead battery and in the process, the cables touched and created a short circuit.  Now the windshield wipers are running by themselves, the brake booster pump is running on its own, lights are on, checked all fuses, and car won’t start.  Is there anybody out there who has had the same or similar problem?  Is there a way to reset the electrical system?  Please help anyone!!

They were in the process of being attatched to the new battery. So not attached any more. Polarity reversal in play as well.

Could have shorted out body ground control module or maybe the negative terminal current sensor right at battery post connection. I’m not sure.  If you get it running  and no charging, there is a 150 amp alternator fuse in main panel usually. Check all fuses first, even having blown fuses can do weird stuff. The push button start fuse is in the passenger side front kick panel fuse box, it’s F121. Red 10 amp I think.

Free advice worth everything you pay for it. 

Price  

BOSCH 0199200180 {#4692269AI}  Electronic Battery Sensor
For vehicles with electronic battery management system

<
Part image
>
Out of Stock  

Edited by John/Horace

LOL didnt really want to ask if he installed it and reversed the polarity but was wanting to say that, that is about all i can think that would have caused any damage to the journey...also i have seen a car jump start okay with a battery temperature sensor that is bad but then as soon as they put it in gear it would stop