no AC front air, cold air in rear

JSHAW

Hey peeps! My first post here...and it had to be a problem,

I have a dodge journey crossroads, 2015, 24,835 miles (I don't drive alot, hence the low mileage)

The AC is not blowing at all in my FRONT vents, none.

AC is blowing very cold air to both the rear and 3rd row vents, perfect ice cold air.

This same exact scenario happened to me in 2019 during a summer month, but it corrected itself, wasn't overly concerned, it worked, move on.

Now a year later it's back again, this time it's not correcting itself.

Personally since it's blowing elsewhere in the car I think it's the front actuator doors, or possible burnt out fuse that controls the doors.

What's my next steps, locate and check fuses, change fuses....I'm defintely not up for removing the dash to check the doors.

Any image0.thumb.png.f0df6ef8e285df2e7d5825541cda1b9c.pngadvice is appreciated

image1.jpeg

image2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

if you are not getting any air blowing out then probally the blower or the blower motor resister or a fuse , hard to tell over the internet, do you have dual air or just the one system?

I'm not sure what you mean by dual air lol it works as it should in the middle row and 3rd but doesn't blow anything up front

49 minutes ago, Whatdidido2015 said:

I can hear the ac blowing hard just doesn't come out of the front.

Would this more the likely be the blend door? Not thinking its the blower motor because its blowing just doesn't come out 

I had a similar situation with one of my Chys. minivans that I bought well used...

Turned out a mouse had built a large nest in the fresh air pick up in the cowling beneath the wiper assembly. The van could not draw in fresh air for the fan to move it thru the vents. Worked OK on recirc. mode.

I've not "dived into" such with out DJ...yet   to be able to say about HOW to go about checking/clearing that possibility.

4 hours ago, Whatdidido2015 said:

I can hear the ac blowing hard just doesn't come out of the front.

Would this more the likely be the blend door? Not thinking its the blower motor because its blowing just doesn't come out 

i would say yes a blend door if you hear it running but no air coming out