Battery maintenance impossible

Keeping an automotive battery clean and dry is insurance for longer battery life. How does anyone get that cleaning done when the battery is out of reach???? By the way if terminals are exposed. Then bridging of the gap between them will cause voltage bleed or shortage. I've learned a thing or two about this.

Edited by Rough Independent
grammar

I used a spray battery terminal protective  product when I swapped mine out 3 years ago.  Didn’t touch the factory batty until then (got my car July 08). Haven’t touched the replacement since putting it in.  Zero issues.  With sealed batteries you shouldn’t have to do much.  

Edited by OhareFred

Both journeys I look after have standard vented lead acid batteries. Same as the factory battery was.

Battery is hard to get to and not as well shielded from moisture with fender liner plastic that they should be, I agree. 

I use battery        terminal  spray during install and it helps a lot with terminal corrosion from ion exchange through the air.

Heat and vibration are biggest battery life killers. Fender liner noticeably cooler than engine compartment so some people have good luck with longevity it seems.

Constant  battery terminal cleaning shouldn’t really be necessary. But cleaner is better. If you are constantly getting corrosion coming back try the terminal spray protection. Sometimes this corrosion reforming rapidly is a sign of a weak alternator or battery, load test system to make sure you are getting 14.2-14.6 ish with lots of stuff turned on.