How to re-attach hood support rod?

Kubda

When I was recently adding windshield washer and was starting to lower the hood support. it popped free of its  fittings. I can’t make out where it was positioned originally (except for the clip at the very front, which isn’t helping). I keep coming back to try and fix it, but it’s a puzzle, and now my puzzler hurts!

I’ve tried doing a web search but no luck. If you have any thoughts on a video or other online instruction, or if you’re able to post a photo of what end should go where, I would really appreciate it.  ?

Being in the middle of C 19 right now, I’m hoping to avoid having to go to the mechanics garage. 

Thanks!

Dodge Journey  2014

Edited by Kubda
Re-wording

hate to say this but it shouldn't be to hard to see where the end was attached to the side of the eng compartment as it can only match a certain small area ,that said i just went out in the rain and looked at my 2014 journey and it attaches right at the corner of your reserve tank into a small hole in the side of the passenger fender there is a small black plastic grommet that the rod fits into ,,,if the plastic grommet is missing then it must be part of the prop rod. you should be able to fix it or have to buy a new one.....do what most every ne did years ago take a broom handle and cut to fit to hold the hood open,,,,did that with my wife's old hoop dee  good luck

Fits into black plastic grommet that pushes into the sheet metal. Beside glycol reservoir, it’s mounted to indent in passenger inner fender sheet metal where the yellow dot in picture is. Stay save, I lived in Vancouver as a toddler decades ago.image.thumb.jpg.5429bd1cfcc4cba7287609aea36c1c04.jpg