How difficult is it to install backup camera on my 15 DJ

2 differences in rear cam OEM you will still have to take your journey to your local dealership to have the sales code added to your computer by flashing it, after market does not have to something like that dont search thur the forum as this has been asked a lot good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the wireless camera install on my 2012 DJ and this was one of the easiest I have ever done and I have various vehicles since 2009. You take out the 4 torx screws holding the licence plate lights panel . then the 2 bolts on the drivers side rear lights on the tailgate, and remove the fixture. Now you remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the tailgate and slowly pry back the back panel only enough to get your hands into the back. If you look behind that licence plate panel you will see a black  hard plastic plug that takes a bit of effort to push out. You now have a hole to feed the camera power cable through and from there you can thread it the rubber bung in the tail light opening.  At this point I skinned back the two wire to the backup lights  and soldered the positive wire to the yellow (+) and the black to the blue (-) . You are finished with the power now so you can put the tail light housing back on and put the 2 screws back . 

At this point I had to drill a 3/8" hole in the licence plate light panel, it is plastic so not difficult. Then thread through the hole, the yellow video rca jack then the red power plug of the camera. My camera attached to the plastic pane with 2 self tapping screw so it was quick.I plugged the video and power cables into the two other plugs and wrapped the wireless transmitter in a plastic foam sheet and tucked/wedged it into a space. I used some black rtv to seal the hole in the panel and also rtved the power cable going through the inside of the tailgate, just to make sure it doesn't start chaffing. . Only thing left was to put panel back in position and tighten the 4 screws. and align the inner panel (there are 2 black guide pins that need to be in position first) and you can push it panel tight and put the 2 screws back.

This was just  the camera part an  it took about an hour (hey I'm over 70 and my hands shake). When it gets warmer I will wire in the display , but for now I'm just using the power outlet and the power plugin.

So I’m assuming this is a wireless signal going to a transmitter, no rca video cable being fished to front of car.

Curious  what brand of camera and from where? I would like to do this because having it done seems to be very pricy.

Dash screen needs to be activated for the input signal from camera, or is it plug and play. 8.4 or 4.3 screen ?