2012 LED 9005 / 9006 high / low beams bulbs - Hanning LED

I am thinking about upgrading both the high beams / low beam bulbs on out 2012 Journey RT to LED's (by a Canadian brand called Hanning) which a good friend of mine has recommended & is using on his older Dodge Ram & is very pleased with the overall performance / quality.

Their website is here as an FYI - Hanning LED - Your Canadian Offroad Lighting Source

I have e-mailed Hanning directly (waiting for their reply), however I wanted to ask fellow members here if they have had any experience with the following;

- Does anyone have else have specific experience with this brand of LED bulbs? If so, please share your feedback.

- Does anyone know if I will need a CANbus resistor for both the 9005 high beam / DRL's  & 9006 low beam bulbs that the owners manual calls for (obviously to prevent the warning light's on the dash).

- Other than the Hanning LED choice, what do my fellow Charger members suggest I should consider & why?

Thank you in advance to all.

• 4 months later...

bulbfacts.com is a good source for led vs halogen bulbs.

While you are shopping bulbs, consider changing the rear hatch bulb to led. It's cheap, easy to do, matched the rest of the inside and provides much more light back there.

I stayed with halogens and changed my low beams to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, $45 on Amazon. They made a big improvement. My bulbs were shot though so I'm not sure how much brighter vs OEM. They are a whiter light and that looks more up to date.

Went with Syulvania Silver Star Ultra Performance Hologen for the high beam/DRL One not is that, if you run your daytime running lights, that will shorten the life your LED's high beam a lot.