Fogging

ZXBoy

You can easily disconnect the connector from the recirculate actuator and manually put it in the fresh in position. The fact you crack the windows and let fresh air in is telling you it's the recirculate actuator.  You can watch it work if you have the car running and remove the cabin filter and watch to see if the door moves. My guess is it's not.

As yyz said, to verify your not stuck in the recirculate mode watch and listen for recirculation door to flip  open / close as you push the recirculation button.  Last night I tried  turning on the button to close fresh air but it flashes then shuts off, it will not flip closed the door when heat is on ( to stop moist cabin air only issue I assume ? ).  Obviously then you will need the AC to be on to use the fresh air / recirc button, to test, I previously verified mine operates but still have same issues generally.  Wonder, do those having dual ( front & rear ) controls have the same issues as those of us having only front console controls with fogging of door windows ? 

The AC will come on automatically based on humidity levels in the cabin. Even if turned off in the manual mode, the AC system will remain active to prevent fogging. This is normal and explained in your owners manual. 

Edited September 23 by jkeaton

My recirculation button does not come on now, only flashes 3-5 times and stops. Windows fogging and need to keep defrost / defrost blend with floor  on all the time. no heater core leak that was changed about two years ago, will change electric humidity sensor behind mirror and hope jkeaton is right . What are the odds, recent topic discussions and now I noticed this issue.  Will update after the part is changed. 

Edited by probak118
spelling error

Think problem solved.  My 2012 does not have the the split fan speed / auto button ,only on / off speed control.  I removed glove box and verified all three actuator & motors are working and doors move fully in both directions. Verified the circulate button opens and closed that door. I watched as changing both sides temperature settings also move an actuator in both directions.  No change, cooler air on passenger side of the car still. Went into my dads DJ and felt how warm and even all his vent temperatures were. Noticed his vent door settings are all near the middle and I have mine locked all in the fully open positions. I took my driver side vents off locked fully open and put those two at just off the closed barely open maybe 1/4 open. Now, all vents are blowing equal air and passenger side vents are blowing hot too. Took car for a  ride in -3 C just now with only the dash vents  on, no fogging I did not have to blast the defrost anymore. Hope this gives those with fogging another option to try. 

well glad its working BUT i have a hard time believing that just the vent door adjustment would make a difference in the temperature for drivers and passenger side, as we leave our vents in the wide open selection, I also have my drivers vent aimed at the drivers window , and the passenger aimed at the passenger window as well, it helps keep it defogged when we first crank up in cold weather,, but hope it stays working for you