2010 loses all electrical power when attempting to start

back in November (before i joined) the mopar battery installed by the previous owner finally gave up the ghost and had to be jumped off to start. i actually work for a well known retailer that installs batteries and had a coworker install a new battery for me. the coworker informs me that the negative terminal nut on the battery won't tighten and is starting to twist the terminal apart; i have a look at it, and told him to do the best he can to tighten it and the rest of the service goes off without a hitch. Cut to last week; me, my mother and my niece drive the journey to my niece's house to pick up her brother who was house sitting while their parents were in Dallas for the NHL Winter Classic; we all jump in the journey, and I turn the key and everything goes dead like the battery was disconnected. i check under the hood and everything seemed okay and then the journey powers back up. i go to start it again and it goes dead again. in frustration, i rap on the Fusebox/TIPM and everything comes back to life and we drive home very warily.  now cut to today: the parents and I do a weekly dinner with vietnam veterans and I drive for them so they can enjoy some beers. i go and move my work car from behind the journey and attempt to start it to test if that problem i encountered last week went away; Spoiler Alert, it hasn't. it went completely dead like last time. i rap on the Fusebox/TIPM like I did the last time, and the horn chirped at me and the hazard lights flashed, but still no crank/start. i'm convinced that the negative terminal on the battery has failed and is not making a good connection to the battery causing my problem. so has anyone encountered a problem like this and what was the solution? (i ordered a battery cable set from my local Dealer and it will be here on friday.)

like stated above you knew the cable was bad, should have had it fixed when first was notified of it not tightening down. just replace it but since you will have it apart i would definitely have the battery charged up completely and then have a LOAD check done on it since it has went dead several times since being installed just to make sure it is still good.good luck