Cold heat on passenger side and recirculation button not working just blinks

Andy Payne

Your description is somewhat vague but there are two thoughts that come to mind.

If your heat is working good in general but just not coming out the one side you may have a blend door problem. There is one on each side of the vehicle that moves to open or close controlling the amount of heated air. The door may be bad or, more commonly, the blend door actuator.

Does the recirculation button light up at all? I believe it will only function in certain position settings but I don't ever use it. I know that is how it works on other cars I have driven.

Here is a decent video that might help you begin troubleshooting.

It is a common problem in the Journey as well as other vehicles. I just did the driver's side on an Impala. The part was inexpensive but it required hours of labor.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, Summer Solstice said:

Your description is somewhat vague but there are two thoughts that come to mind.

If your heat is working good in general but just not coming out the one side you may have a blend door problem. There is one on each side of the vehicle that moves to open or close controlling the amount of heated air. The door may be bad or, more commonly, the blend door actuator.

Does the recirculation button light up at all? I believe it will only function in certain position settings but I don't ever use it. I know that is how it works on other cars I have driven.

Here is a decent video that might help you begin troubleshooting.

It is a common problem in the Journey as well as other vehicles. I just did the driver's side on an Impala. The part was inexpensive but it required hours of labor.

Good luck.

seen this video before he gave some good info here

Hi thanks for the reply 

I have heat on drivers side but it’s cold on passenger side 

the recirculation button just blinks then goes off I can see the actuator moving when changing from hot to cold I was thinking maybe the other actuator on right hand side of glove box or core plugged 

If your recirculation button is just blinking (and then turning off), and you have auto temperature, then it's usually the moisture sensor. I don't have auto temp control, but my last car had this issue. I replaced the sensor and it started working. In the meantime my temps were all screwy. That might be the main cause of your issue. I believe the blinking is a warning that your sensor is out. Most sensors are behind the rear view mirror...again mine doesn't have this feature so not sure. 

• Official Dodge Support
On 11/30/2019 at 12:29 AM, Andy Payne said:

Hi all I’ve got a 2012 Dodge Journey crew with passenger heat problems and recirculation button not working I’ve done a core flush any ideas thanks Andy

Hi Andy,

We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares