Journey not starting problems

Mike P

Just this morning while driving to work, about a 1/4 mile away, lights came on the dash similar to when you start the car.  After parking, it now will not start.  All lights, radio come on but it will not start.  Tried jumping and still no start.  Tried the push button 5 times trick to reset the security or whatever and still doesnt work.  Any suggestions?  Cant get it to an autozone or anything to have the battery, starter and alternator tested.  2015 Journey 4cyl 2wd

2 hours ago, 2late4u said:

get a new battery

It has been half the day, I have gone out to try and start multiple times, and it seems that none of the lights are any dimmer or anything?  Still think battery issue?

yes your battery can run the lights ut not enough to start it..you need to  have the battery load tested at the auto shop like you said you were going to do??/ look at it this way replace the battery with the best one you can buy its 4 yrs old at least and going into winter time.

Edited by 2late4u

18 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

yes your battery can run the lights ut not enough to start it..you need to  have the battery load tested at the auto shop like you said you were going to do??/ look at it this way replace the battery with the best one you can buy its 4 yrs old at least and going into winter time.

i havent tested it yet since i cant drive it over to the shop.  I am also at work and cant take the battery out right now.  I will this weekend and see what i can do.  I bought the battery in May of last year so it is not the original.  Here in Az though the summer does take a toll on batteries.

well 1 yr old battery should be good unless its got a bad cell, first try to start it in neutral to see if its the park switch has went bad ,then i would pull the battery and have it load tested to see if its still good. guess you could check the strength of the battery at the the remote post with a volt meter but if thats good i still do a load test on the battery, there is also a battery temp sensor that is built into of the batter cables and that could have went bad as well,,,,good luck on what you find and please report for others that might have this problem as well