Maps Updated for 2013 Journey

I think the older DJ uconnect systems are no longer being supported by Chrysler through Garmin.  It's the most likely explanation,  I think.  I can't find map updates for my 2011 either.  Last update for my RB5 was 2017.  Disappointed...  my nav doesn't show the new freeway to Vegas.  Kinda sux. 

Peace.

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty disappointed. I own a 2014 Dodge Journey R/T. It has less than 66,000 Km on it, and just last month when I started it the computer screen came up saying, "Unable to unlock maps." Further investigations showed that Dodge doesn't even sell new radios for this car anymore. It turns out that the RB5 model radio is well known for this problem and there's no fix for it.  (Radio PN. 68210554EA) The only replacement I can find is a refurbished radio at $1600.00. I'm not sure I want to spend this kind of money for a rebuild which could end up having the same problem. 

Does anyone out there know of a replacement or repair for this radio's nav. system. Everything else works on the radio except the nav. $1600 is an awful lot for a GPS. 

I have a 09 RT.  My radio did not have any heat or other controls on the screen.  I replaced my radio with a Kenwood with Apple Car Play.  Tons of options with or without Nav, depends on what you want. I was able to retain ALL  my factory steering wheel controls by using an adapter.  Everything was plug and play, aside from a slight mod to 1 bracket.  Install took about an hour (after I pre-connected the wires,easy stuff).  The total cost for the Kenwood radio, Sat receiver, adapter module and wire looms was around $600 US dollars.  

I bought everything from Crutchfield on the web.  Their customer service is great, they will answer all your questions BEFORE you buy, and they know what they are talking about. On top of it today they have Cyber Monday Deals going.  Might be worth looking into.  Let us know.

• 1 month later...