intermittently starting

seen this post on Facebook the poster said he was having all kinds of problems with journey not starting  said it ended up being a starter relay for what it is worth thought i would post it here...........So for a update the starter /12v multipurpose relay was my route cause to all of my intermediate starting issues. Got my new relay last night and it fired right up 1st try this morning. So glad to have this issue that has costed me over $600 to find then fix with a $40 relay with a lifetime warranty on it.

i guess a fuse box could go bad from vibration or real bad corrosion or some other fault but highly unlikely,there was one poster that said he removed the fuse box under the hood and said it was corroded up real bad where it made contact to the base of it,that does make sense if your are in such a place wear there is a lot of salt or corrosive conditions, might be worth a try to remove it and clean everything up and make sure all the connections are clean and tight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 10:44 AM, 2late4u said:

seen this post on Facebook the poster said he was having all kinds of problems with journey not starting  said it ended up being a starter relay for what it is worth thought i would post it here...........So for a update the starter /12v multipurpose relay was my route cause to all of my intermediate starting issues. Got my new relay last night and it fired right up 1st try this morning. So glad to have this issue that has costed me over $600 to find then fix with a $40 relay with a lifetime warranty on it.

Well I truly hope the relay actually fixed your problem, but over the course of 10 years and 300,000 miles, I have had the intermittent starting problem many many times.  Each time the dealer replaces something and the problem seems to go away for several months.  I've had eight batteries, three starters, countless relays, new ignition modules and after each part replacement it seemed that they fixed the problem, only to find out it returns later.  Lately I have found that if the car sits anywhere from a few hours to overnight, it'll start again without doing anything.

Just my two cents worth.....

21 minutes ago, brwengel said:

Well I truly hope the relay actually fixed your problem, but over the course of 10 years and 300,000 miles, I have had the intermittent starting problem many many times.  Each time the dealer replaces something and the problem seems to go away for several months.  I've had eight batteries, three starters, countless relays, new ignition modules and after each part replacement it seemed that they fixed the problem, only to find out it returns later.  Lately I have found that if the car sits anywhere from a few hours to overnight, it'll start again without doing anything.

Just my two cents worth.....

i was just reporting what someone else solved their problem.