New to Dodge and here

Andyman

My name is Andy. I am a happily married father of 3 nearly grown kids. I am currently not working due to a significant medical development. We got our Journey from my folks in September. It's a 2014 r/t. I'm a lifelong professional mechanic and this is my first vehicle with a dealer service plan. It has certainly been a little bit of a challenge. I look forward to learning about other's experiences with their vehicles and hopefully helping others too.

welcome to our group.i have a 2014 crossroad with about 93 k on it right now ,have only had 2 problems with it the oil sender unit went bad at about 45 k covered under my extended warranty and a wheel sensor went bad about 91 k dealer fixed it for about$59 ( since it was less than my $100 ded on my warranty) when i was having my plugs and coolant changed out.other than that i really love my journey. good luck on yours

11 hours ago, 2late4u said:

welcome to our group.i have a 2014 crossroad with about 93 k on it right now ,have only had 2 problems with it the oil sender unit went bad at about 45 k covered under my extended warranty and a wheel sensor went bad about 91 k dealer fixed it for about$59 ( since it was less than my $100 ded on my warranty) when i was having my plugs and coolant changed out.other than that i really love my journey. good luck on yours

We've had the sender done as well. Also had a power steering issue that ended up with the dealer replacing the entire system. (Rack, pump, reservoir, hoses, etc.) Seemed a little overkill to me but it was under warranty. We have also had some issues with the nav system. It was recently replaced and seems to be fine now. Most of the issues were getting the run around at our local dealer. I'll be taking it to a dealer several towns over from now on. I just don't tolerate people lying when something this important is at stake.

i dont use the closest dodge dealership to where i live i drive an extra 20 miles to one i have found i can trust and as far as the nav i dont have it and dont want it same for the awd just more problems and no real benefit as far as i can see. take care

14 hours ago, 2late4u said:

i dont use the closest dodge dealership to where i live i drive an extra 20 miles to one i have found i can trust and as far as the nav i dont have it and dont want it same for the awd just more problems and no real benefit as far as i can see. take care

I couldn't agree more. We primarily use Waze on our phones anyway. My parents speced and bought this car so it wasn't my choice. That being said, they paid a fortune for the options that they chose AND for the extended warranty/service plan so the dealer should take care of the parts that are covered. There's a dealer farther north in a more "country" type area. They have a very good reputation so we'll be giving them a shot. We really like the car but, being a 35-year professional mechanic, it does have more widgets and thingamajigs than I am really comfortable with. Too many high dollar proprietary electronics to keep up with over the years IMHO.

6 hours ago, Summer Solstice said:

Same here. I have dropped one dealer that did not put my interests before profit. Fortunately there is another one on my daily commute and they have been exceptional.

Thanks. This gives me hope for my future relationship with Dodge.