2012, 3.6 SXT which speed transmission 4 or 6 ?

probak118

I thought I kept my window sticker but guess not. I want to change my trans fluid but cannot find a site  / link to give my transmission speed based on my vin #, but I bought a 6 speed tranny filter kit. Can anyone help me with this  ? thanks

Trying to count the shifts but wanted to verify 100 %, and want to change the fluid myself as it is not a difficult job just takes a little time. I thought there was a link on this site posted some time ago but a search did not result in one. The ones I did check did not offer that specific info when I input my vin # , just thought I would ask here before asking a dealer. There will be a time when I will not be able to do some of this type work myself or we simply cannot anymore but, not there yet. Thanks, will see if utube can show how to tell tranny speed you have.

the biggest difference  in trans service now days is the hook it up to a computer and going by the trans temp and other things determine how much fluid you will put in the dealership does have a tool you can buy about $25 from what iv heard and you can use your oil dipstick if you watch the you tube videos on how to measure and mark it to pre check where your fluid level is ...this would stop you from having to buy the dealership tool. i marked my oil stick with a small file just so i could keep an eye on the trans level,good luck and also use the proper atf fluid