Touch screen not working

Dodge journey 2012 touch Screen is turned on and off,  can not change any settings for AC or heat even radio is not working.  Any guesses what could be the issue or where can i take it. Dodge dealership Sherwoodpark said over the phone that car audio system needs to be replaced for $1200 but that is too much.  Pls advise

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins or longer.  Sometimes this will reset the radio system.

if you are handy you can pull the radio screen and check the connections....

$1200for the radio is about right.  Remember a lot more goes through that screen then just the radio.

Edited by OhareFred

Do you have the 4.3" or the 8.4" display - the radio behind the small screen is a lot less expensive than $1200.

Your issue might be the screen's touch digitiser or it could be the radio module - both can often be found used.

Edited by bramfrank

unplug the negative terminal for 30 minutes. This fixed my issue when the radio kept crashing and rebooting.

Additional Note: You might not have this issue like i did:
after letting the car sit with no battery for 30 minutes the immediate radio issues were solved-  about one month later, my battery died. The weak battery was causing the radio to act weird. after replacing the battery with a new one (goodyear tire, $140usd) all my radio issues have gone away. that was 6months ago.

For a little more than $1200 dollars, you can buy the installer kit that converts between 4.3 up to 8" (Check it out by googling 2012 dodge journey uconnect upgrade kit.) depending on your car it might cost between 1400, and 1500.

• 1 year later...

Same issue, RESET WORKED!

My 8.4” Uconnect (non-nav) went blank. I thought the HVAC controls worked at first, but on follow up drive they were also not responding.

I decided to punish my back, lay in the front passenger foot area and pull the fuses out for Radio and HVAC (F128 and F130). Neither fuse was blown. I started it once without fuses then let it sit overnight. Next morning, put fuses back and it was “fixed”.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, hunter55 said:

Might want to try pushing the volume and holding it then press the tune button for like 10-15 sec. 

This is like the start of a good story... WHAT'S THE ENDING???

What happens when you do this? Or, what should happen?