Drive Trans/

StaciK

I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with this on their 16 journey? We took our Journey to Pepe Boys for 2 new front tires, with only 28500 on it....The tires were VERY WORN on the outer side of both tires....The guy at Pepe Boys said they (Dodge)is having a problem, wonder if this is true>

Well a couple of things come to mind.

with the tires being worn on the outer side, alignment is the first thing that pops into my head.  Since it’s still under warranty, take it to the dealer for a 4 wheel alignment.  Should they find anything wrong with the ball joints,etc. they can fix that under warranty   You might have to pay for the alignment, you might not.  Depends on what they find.  A 4 wheel alignment was less than $150 last fall at my dealer.

let us know

Edited by OhareFred

I bought my 2016 with 18000 miles on it. I negotiated two new tires to go on the rear.

Ever since  I bought it, it pulled ever so slightly to the left. I finally had a 4 wheel alignment done ($89.oo at the dealer). I also had the tires rotated so the newer ones were on the front. The older tires now had 25000 on them and had significant wear on the outside from the alignment being slightly off. Another 20000 miles and there has been no further wear. In the meantime, I did have a front rattle from a loose suspension part but at 45000 miles, the vehicle is still straight and the tires have no undue wear.

It is my own opinion that the Journey may be knocked out of alignment fairly easy but I drive Michigan roads every day and have hit some significant pot holes with no aftereffects. If these roads don't destroy an alignment then I have to believe in the vehicle.

quick lane shops (owned by ford dealership) offer a lifetime 4 wheel alignment for as long as you own it for $172, bought for my 2014 crossroad it as my rear camber was out so now i chage mu oil and have my tires rotated and balance (discount tire) and then have my alignment checked every 5 -6 k.as most shops charge $90 for a 4 wheel alinement i am already ahead of this cost..had no problems with my 2011 and had 70 k on it and 91 k on my crossroad