AC cooler in drivers side

Bustamatic

2012 R/T 3.6l Dual zone ac. I need help confirming my issue. When ac on it is cold on the 2 drivers side vents, warm on the passenger side vents. The rh passenger vent seems to be the hottest. With heat on, it seems like it is hotter on passenger side than the drivers side. I can change between all modes and temperatures and they seem to change properly.  I pulled fuse f139 to try to reset it but it had no effect. Would this be a faulty or misaligned blend door or actuator? Which one would cause this kind of issue.  I apologize if I seem clueless, when it comes to cars I am.. trying to learn....thanks

Just had same issue.  jkeaton is right on the money.  Blend door actuator on passenger side needs replacing.  I live in Canada.  Part and labor cost about 150 bucks to repair.  Common problem with all kinds of vehicles, not just Dodge.  Check to see if there is a video on Youtube about how to replace it.

mechanical-idiot

One last question for those more knowledgeable than I. I located what I believe is the culprit. The other actuators all move as I adjust settings...except this arm in the 3rd picture..which I am assuming is the blend door actuator. I seems stuck in that position..I tried moving it but no luck.

20190426_162238.jpg

20190426_162227.jpg

20190426_162745.jpg

I didn't replace my own.  I needed rear seals replaced, so I told them to throw the blend door actuator in while they were at it.  

If you know where it is, you might as well throw it in.  You can buy them on ebay, but I think I would buy an OEM part from a dealer if I were you.

Ours quit, then started working again, then quit again.  It was under the dash on the passenger side.  Looks like you are in the right place.

mechanical-idiot

• 1 month later...

i had this issue,  you may have seen me post recently in other threads.

i fixed it last night.    i read about tapping it to "wake it up".   it was the only one not moving and i had AC driver side,  heat on passenger side.

as soon as i started tapping it with butt-end of a long screw-driver,   it woke up and started moving again.    now everything works normal.

not sure how long it will last but if it can last all summer,  i will be happy enough.   then find time later to replace it by winter.