Left rear turn signal light stays on

First off, hello all, new here! 

I have a 2016 Dodge journey crossroads with a tow package. I was on vacation for a week in Florida, (car stayed home) vehicle had no issues when we left, but upon return, the battery was dead, after getting started, found the pass side rear turn signal light stays on even if vehicle is turned off.  I did some trouble shooting, found there is a constant 12v on that side for turn signal.  From what I can tell, the issue lies within the trailer wiring.  Can anyone confirm issues with Curt towing package wiring and if there is a way to eliminate it? I don't really tow anything anyway.

I've added an image of what I believe is the culprit!

AAF3786A-C4E3-45C0-8545-DCF3E7483A58.jpeg

Cut the power wire, or disconnect it.  Adding aftermarket stuff to newer vehicles can always cause problems.  I have a friend who had the same problem with an aftermarket towing apparatus on a ford truck.  He was not as lucky as you because he spent over 600 bucks at the dealer trying to find the draw.

mechanical-idiot

FYI... most of the Curt writing harnesses have a fuse at the battery end. Check the fuse, or remove the fuse completely if you don't tow. Their could be a short on that wire (the one running to the front of the vehicle and connecting to the battery) that is making the system function incorrectly. I've had that wiring harness installed for two years now with no issues, but I do remove the fuse when I am not towing. Make sure that white ground wire is also cleanly connected. You can also call Curt and explain what is happening... their customer service people are really helpful. Good luck. 

5 hours ago, JoshuaCurtis said:

Armando G.,

Thanks very much for advice! Removed fuse, re-installed bulb and now works great! Thanks to all for your help! It's nice to bounce ideas around!

Joshua

Glad it worked out. Keep in mind, that probably means you have a short on the power supply wire leading to your Curt harness or the ground is no good. Might want to inspect it...you may need to tow something in the future. 

12 hours ago, JoshuaCurtis said:

Armando G.,

Thanks very much for advice! Removed fuse, re-installed bulb and now works great! Thanks to all for your help! It's nice to bounce ideas around!

Joshua

Glad you got it fixed. Stick around the forums. We are a fun group here.