No help form dodge Australia

Peter hunt 338

best info would probally come from a local transmission shop, as info off internet might lead you wrong? most of transmissions here require the fluid be checked with a special machine with the engine running at a certain temp and other factors from what i read. also not sure if you have a trans dip stick or not over here most newer journeys dont have a dip stick (which i hate) good luck and keep us informed what you find out. i am sure you will get more answers here...

You're kidding right? Transmission is not a "throw away item". As stated, try an actual transmission shop. Not sure if the transmission used with the diesel is the same as the one used for the gas engines. Do you have an owners manual?

Edited by jkeaton

• 1 month later...

A little late in the discussion.

This Journey CRD R/T has a 2 litre VW turbo diesel and DSG gearbox. Same as many VWs, Seats and so on.

Nice drive in our heavily road policed state. Runs at about 7.5 l/100km overall.

The autobox fill process is a pain. There is a special tool that is installed from underneath and oil is pumped in until overflow. Dealer only.

Supposed to be sealed for life. I couldn't find any real details on this and then the diesel threw a timing belt and wrote itself off.

Now have the 2.7l V6, nice drive but less economical.

This has a 62TE, and had to buy a special dipstick to set the right level, this is easy and filter kits are readily available here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Peter hunt 338

I have the same specs. The transmission is a 6-speed Volkswagen DSG DQ250. It takes 5,8 - 6 litres of transmission oil. Change it regurarly every 60 000 km. Do not forget to chenge the transmission filter as well. When buying transmission oil, make sure it is APPROVED by VW and not only compliant.

SORRY SORRY SORRY, I was wrong. The 2.0 CRD does NOT have VW transmission despite the fact it has VW engine. Just had my car back from transmission shop and it is Powershift by Ford :-( The transmission oil is the same as for Ford and VW.