Any guesses here??

OhareFred

Hey all.  

The particulars: 09 , v6 3.5, about 88,500 miles

The issues: rough idle when in gear with foot on brake, mpg is about 12 [usually get 14 around town in the winter] on occasion it will die after backing down the driveway and shifting into drive, but only when cold. Once it warms up once it won’t die until next day. NO ENGINE LIGHT.

SO FAR: cleaned my K&N air filter (really wasn’t dirty but cleaned it anyway), cleaned the throttle body [wasnt really dirty but cleaned it anyway]. At about 85k the dealer replaced the intake manifold and changed the plugs for a similar issue, but that issue threw the check engine light. 

I’m taking it in Monday and leaving it for a 4 wheel alignment [new rubber] and  so that they can check it out cold, but was curious what you all think.  I’m thinking it could be anything from a weak coil to a slipped timing belt.  Yes, this engine has a belt that needs replacement every 100k miles.  I know no one can diagnose the problem online, but maybe someone had a similar situation and can point me to what they did to fix it.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

what about the map sensor,..............

What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP Sensor)?

• Erratic or rough idling
  • Delay in acceleration or deceleration
  • Check Engine light is on
  • Excess exhaust emissions resulting in failed emissions test