2012 SXT battery issue, barely turn over and no start

Figured after 6 1/2 yrs with the last 3 having been kicked out of the cozy garage battery had had enough. Alternator pumping out 80 amps, load test showed barely ok and battery taking a full charge but by morning dead again.  Would not pay the $120 for dealer labour to change. After removing the tire and the wheel well shields found that the battery hold down rod and nut where completely rusted, great ! What a pain in the ass but, nothing a soaking of penetrating oil and a impact gun with extension could not handle. Then surprise surprise found the two negative cable fastener nuts were only hand tight ?  Thanks dealer techs obviously when doing previous re-call work you forgot to tighten the connection properly. Pulled old battery and it tested to 12.4 volts.......OMG !  Not going thru that again, so installed the new battery bought anyway. I cannot believe someone could forget to make tight a battery cable connection or has anyone had one come loose on its own ?  Guess it is possible and I could with the 6/49 lottery too ! Thanks for letting me rant everyone.

well 6.5 yrs on a battery you were due for a non start issue this winter if it hadnt happened when it did, and the weather is a lot better now than it would have been in a couple of months. also probally would have cost more with all the problems you ran into if a garage was doing the install this winter. count your self lucky i would guess