It's not just Dodge

larryl

Here is a blog from the GMC Terrain forum...its self explanatory

I lease a 2018 diesel Terrain thankfully I have not had these issues.

People need to understand it's everywhere....

So we heard from the service department for the first time since we dropped the car off again last week, the short of it was they have no idea how to fix the problem and GM is sending an engineer to look at the car... Even if he does fix it, the dealer techs have been rooting around in the engine bay for 3 weeks, god knows what else they might have messed up while they were in there...

Also this morning I sent the required certified letter telling GM they have 10 more days to fix the car before we submit our lemon law application to the state...

I am a little confused. Are you referring to the bad service at the dealers, or an issue with these cars? Your post is a little vague as to what the subject is about. I've had great experiences with the dealers (currently Dodge and Ford), and they have gone out of their way to answer all of my questions. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

I agree.  All manufacturers have service departments for a reason.   Some people are just very narrow minded.  If I listen to my friends,  Toyotas don't even need gas because they run on air and fart rainbows out the exhaust pipe, only need oil changes every 100k miles, have paint that doesn't scratch, and never have any problems, ever...   Then they complain about poor service when they get their 5000 mi oil change.  Unbelievable.   The delusion is palpable.  I understand that there are manufacturers with better reliability records, but come on...   I have been quite happy with my DJ.  I recently had my transmission prematurely fail and replaced under warranty,  so I hope I don't have any more problems there longterm.   Time will tell.   $#!+ happens with all vehicles.   That's just how it goes.

Peace.