2016 dodge journey transmission pronlems

Noemi

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 7:02 PM, Noemi said:

Any one had problems with 2016 dodge journey transmission and after fixing it how long did it take for it to have problems again?

I just bought a 16 DJ less than 6 months ago. Had 32k miles on it. And I LOVED it!!! I made many many appointments with dealerships in surrounding areas to get the transmission looked at and fixed. We knew something was wrong with it. They kept telling me nothing was wrong with my car, that it was all "normal for these newer cars." I knew that was a load of crap. So, one last time before the warranty is no longer good. I take it back to them again. They tell me the same thing so, ok... I go on about life. EXACTLY a week after my last visit to the dealership and now 100 miles over the warranty... My 2 year old daughter and I are on the side of the road broke down with a transmission problem. So, we sucked it up... Dealt with it and paid out of pocket to repair it. Wasn't as much as we expected. So we get it back within a week from the mechanic. A week and a half after having it back... It goes out... AGAIN with another transmission problem! Had dodge done us right to begin with none if this would be happening. Next car, we will definitely be going back to Ford. NEVER EVER had issues like this from the Ford company! This is what we get for trying something new... 

On 10/1/2018 at 9:29 PM, Noemi said:

They did a overhaul on the transmission

If they did an overhaul you shouldn't have anything to worry about for a long time. They replace anything that is either worn, malfunctioning or isn't up to factory specs. For lack of a better term it is basically "all-new". Was it the 4 speed with the 4 cylinder engine or the 6 speed with the V6 engine? I know a few people who had purchased previous rental cars had problems with their transmission that was determined to be a result of "extreme conditions", they either drove the crap out of the thing or had it in manual mode and ran the engine to the high rev-range. Issues aside it isn't the smoothest transmission but plenty of people have gotten tons of life out of them. Personally I've had mine over 2 years (34k) and haven't had any issues. 

well if it was dodge that fixed it the first ( what was the problem and how much$$) it should have been  covered if it was the same part...also yrs ago i had a transmission problem on my old caravan the warranty was up about like yours about 2-3 hundred over i called up north when the dealership said they couldn't help me and the help center up there called the dealership and told them to fix it free since it was so close to the 36 k, every dealership is different and everybody's story is different, but its not just dodge its ford,and checy, and the imports.good luck on what ever you decided to do...